Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

leggit wrote: »
    Yep..... any day now.........

Tomorrow would be handy as I'll be in town near the banks :pac:

I'm kinda worried about the whole bank thing though as soo many people seem to have made mistakes or the banks have made mistakes :/

It said in the notice of receipt that they would explain exactly what to do about payment in the next email I get......so hopefully all goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dean.kiely

OK, so there are 88 visas left on the webstie! My passport will be coming back tomorrow and I am sending for my police certificate immediately. Should have the VISA application sent off by the 29th May. If I get my VISA sent off by then, what do you think the likelihood of getting a VISA is?

Does the 88 remaining that 88 applications are remaining or 88 confirmed visas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Fifibella wrote: »
    Hello all. My boyfriend hasn't received confirmation of payment yet even though he paid on the 17 th of April. Just remembered there that he didn't send original IM1295 because it hadn't saved properly on his laptop but he filled out another one, but I guess the barcodes would be different. Anyone else in the same situation?

Im in the exact same situation as your bf except mine was paid at the end of march, still nothing, my gf has received her visa and everything. I have neither received a negative or positive reponse and was told by go4less to hound them with emails daily.

Its horrible waiting to find out because I cant reapply and Im going to have to wait until Jan to get another opportunity. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

dean.kiely wrote: »
    OK, so there are 88 visas left on the webstie! My passport will be coming back tomorrow and I am sending for my police certificate immediately. Should have the VISA application sent off by the 29th May. If I get my VISA sent off by then, what do you think the likelihood of getting a VISA is?

Does the 88 remaining that 88 applications are remaining or 88 confirmed visas?
    Hi Dean,

You're leaving it tight. Call the guards and ask them can you collect your Certificate. I did this, I went to Blanchardstown with a box of chocolates and waited for it late at night and got it!
    The 88 visas are what's left.
    Step on it if you can.
    I had a disaster last year and missed it.
    This year, I had the misfortune to use GlobalVisas.com and they botched my application by giving me a GB form to complete so it was rejected in March.
    I put a third application together in one day, I begged the Guards to help me and they did. I used a same day courier and that worked out fine.
    I finally have that visa, but all I can say is, if you really want it, you have to pull out all the stops.
    GO FOR IT!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    Im in the exact same situation as your bf except mine was paid at the end of march, still nothing, my gf has received her visa and everything. I have neither received a negative or positive reponse and was told by go4less to hound them with emails daily.

Its horrible waiting to find out because I cant reapply and Im going to have to wait until Jan to get another opportunity. :(
    Write to re-ldn.iec@international.gc.ca and quote your WTN number in the Subject field.
    I was having problems and they did get back to me this way.
    It's a most painful, frustrating process and I've been to hell and back with it so if I can help anyone, I will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Tomorrow would be handy as I'll be in town near the banks :pac:

I'm kinda worried about the whole bank thing though as soo many people seem to have made mistakes or the banks have made mistakes :/

It said in the notice of receipt that they would explain exactly what to do about payment in the next email I get......so hopefully all goes well.

Was being a bit sarcastic in my previous post, I'll be waiting 2 weeks tomorrow but I don't really expect to be asked for payment anytime soon, heard of people waiting 5+ weeks to be asked for payment!!

Then another 5 or so weeks to get their LOI!

Luckily not planning to go til September/October so I'm in no rush!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 alanmc87

Does anyone know how many places are left? payed for visa through usit and recieved payment request on april23rd, and went down to aib bank on monday coz had not recieved confirmation payment and they left the last 2 digits out. so looks like we wont have a visa this year.:mad: anyone have any ideas on what to do. any way of getting in contact with them? Or maybe repayment?:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

alanmc87 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many places are left? payed for visa through usit and recieved payment request on april23rd, and went down to aib bank on monday coz had not recieved confirmation payment and they left the last 2 digits out. so looks like we wont have a visa this year.:mad: anyone have any ideas on what to do. any way of getting in contact with them? Or maybe repayment?:confused::confused:

Couple of posts up has the email to contact them so I'd just hound them everyday until they get back to you.

Ask AIB to give you some kind of reference number for the payment so the IEC can match it to your application as long as it's still active. Ask them to email the IEC too, don't take no for an answer!

Heard of this happening before so I'd advise people to physically go to an AIB with money in hand to make sure the bank teller does everything correctly.

Pretty sure that if your application is active then you have a visa reserved as long as everything else works out.

Good luck!

I have emailed them with the reference from the bank don't tink they will get back thought have emailed them twice a day this week. Im hoping they are leaving all the bank mistakes and do them all together at the end hopefull thinking. :confused: its such a bad setup by the IEC and the bank fecked up so many. Have flights booked and all for july13th.

Write to re-ldn.iec@international.gc.ca and quote your WTN number in the Subject field.
    I was having problems and they did get back to me this way.
    It's a most painful, frustrating process and I've been to hell and back with it so if I can help anyone, I will.

Yeh I just email them daily trying to get an answer from them. Im still hoping but doubt I'll get it.

We arn't able to go until Oct which is long enough, now we'll have to wait longer.

• Advertisement

might just reapply worth a shot i guess. i rang usit and they suggested geting onto my local TD as they can get in contact with them or the irish ammbassador for canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jenniem01

I'm assuming that once you get the email that they've received your application that you have a place?

I'm basing that on the fact that I've seen the number go up before and I'd say that's applications that have been rejected

Got my notice of receipt so fingers crossed not waiting too long for the payment stage :) BF is over there waiting on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 crazy mindstraw

Hi heading over a week from today. Extremely excited but worried also. Paid for my visa last Friday but going by some of my friends who paid for those last Wednesday and got their acceptance of payment on Monday I hopefully will get mine sometime today. I more than likely will have to crossover without my visa and so I'll have to flagpole. Heading to Vancouver so it's not too bad.
    My actual question is though I don't think I will have the 2500 dollars that you need in your bank account. Will this really matter? I heard of people who did it last year and they said they just got their parents to act as guarantors or something. Thanks for any advice and sorry if it's been asked already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Hi heading over a week from today. Extremely excited but worried also. Paid for my visa last Friday but going by some of my friends who paid for those last Wednesday and got their acceptance of payment on Monday I hopefully will get mine sometime today. I more than likely will have to crossover without my visa and so I'll have to flagpole. Heading to Vancouver so it's not too bad.
    My actual question is though I don't think I will have the 2500 dollars that you need in your bank account. Will this really matter? I heard of people who did it last year and they said they just got their parents to act as guarantors or something. Thanks for any advice and sorry if it's been asked already!

Not sure if that was allowed this year but you were allowed to have a guarantor last year.
    We werent asked for proof of funds when we got here but that might be an isolated case.
    Oh Vancouver is pretty ezpensive and there is huge competition for jobs so bring all the cash you can!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 crazy mindstraw

red menace wrote: »
    Not sure if that was allowed this year but you were allowed to have a guarantor last year.
    We werent asked for proof of funds when we got here but that might be an isolated case.
    Oh Vancouver is pretty ezpensive and there is huge competition for jobs so bring all the cash you can!

Thanks very much for that! Much appreciated. I'll have a good bit but not quite enough.
    Will have to live very cheaply until I get a job nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Was being a bit sarcastic in my previous post, I'll be waiting 2 weeks tomorrow but I don't really expect to be asked for payment anytime soon, heard of people waiting 5+ weeks to be asked for payment!!

Then another 5 or so weeks to get their LOI!

Luckily not planning to go til September/October so I'm in no rush!

Sarcastic to meeee? :eek: Ya cheeky mare :p

5+weeks? Awww balls. That would be quite crap. See we have to wait until we get LOI before mate will hand in notice at work so then that's another 4 weeks hanging about too. Guess it means more time to save!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doneill85

doneill85 wrote: »
    I havent heard anything back since i paid on April 1st. I used aib online to pay it. I rang aib and they said that the reference number was fine at the embassy end, no numbers cut off or anything. I get the feeling that they are leaving all the problematic aib online/kiosk payments until the end to process. With the number of visas left dropping so quickly every few days i reckon they are aiming to get that number to 0 before sorting out the aib electronic transfer problems. Its all speculation tho, ya never know whats goin on... The only saving grace is that they havent emailed me saying ive been rejected due to non payment. Id imagine my payment is sitting there in a big jumbled up electronic pile along with everyone else who has been waiting for so long:-(

Just to update on the above. After 7 weeks of waiting i got my 2nd phase email. Hopefully LOI comes soon now. For anyone else still waiting i suppose just sit tight. I emailed them every day, i dunno if that had any bearing on me getting moved on to 2nd phase but i suppose its worth a shot if your playin the waiting game. Like i said above if they are leaving you waiting a long time its prob a good sign i.e. you havent been rejected, its just taking some time to process!! Hang in there fellow stress heads..

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Fifibella

I havent heard anything back since i paid on April 1st. I used aib online to pay it. I rang aib and they said that the reference number was fine at the embassy end, no numbers cut off or anything. I get the feeling that they are leaving all the problematic aib online/kiosk payments until the end to process. With the number of visas left dropping so quickly every few days i reckon they are aiming to get that number to 0 before sorting out the aib electronic transfer problems. Its all speculation tho, ya never know whats goin on... The only saving grace is that they havent emailed me saying ive been rejected due to non payment. Id imagine my payment is sitting there in a big jumbled up electronic pile along with everyone else who has been waiting for so long:-(

Just to update on the above. After 7 weeks of waiting i got my 2nd phase email. Hopefully LOI comes soon now. For anyone else still waiting i suppose just sit tight. I emailed them every day, i dunno if that had any bearing on me getting moved on to 2nd phase but i suppose its worth a shot if your playin the waiting game. Like i said above if they are leaving you waiting a long time its prob a good sign i.e. you havent been rejected, its just taking some time to process!! Hang in there fellow stress heads..
    That's good. Congrats! Hope ours sort themselves out soon

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Wardie23

I got mine passed on to the CIC on May 11th, similar to another of the lads, and he received his LOI last Saturday. Very annoying considering we had been at every stage of the application beforehand on the exact same date. Emailed them this morning, although it's only been two weeks so not expecting a reply. I fly out in ten days which is rather annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭duiggers

I got my second phase e-mail there yesterday. I had only emailed them once, that was monday cos of the aib screw up so I'm not sure if e-mailing them everyday makes a difference, I put URGENT in the subject line whether or not that made a difference is anybodys guess

• Advertisement

duiggers wrote: »
    I got my second phase e-mail there yesterday. I had only emailed them once, that was monday cos of the aib screw up so I'm not sure if e-mailing them everyday makes a difference, I put URGENT in the subject line whether or not that made a difference is anybodys guess

It dosnt seem to, Im getting no response from them, I don't know what I can do

• Registered Users Posts: 15 nms

Yay got my 2nd stage e.mail yesterday too!! wehey..were nearly there.. Yup least we know we wernt rejected!!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

I also got to the second stage today,does this mean that they recieved my payment,abit worried if the payment didn,t go through,any info would be great guys

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

Yes, they received your payment

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Yes, they received your payment

Thank you for your reply m8;):D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bpoleary

I received my email today informing me I've been passed onto the second phase of the application, this is great but still, saying if it is refused is really worrying me. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 toetatoe

For anyone who is long awaiting confirmation of payment/update on the status of their application - I received an e-mail requesting that I send either a scan of the receipt of payment from the financial institution, or an e-mail containing all the info (account name / no. / amount paid etc.). I've 10 days to respond with this. So, they obviously know that I have paid or they would have rejected my application back in April. And my bank have already forwarded this crap to them. It's 8 and a half weeks after making the payment, but at least I know I'm still in with a chance for the visa!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 albablue

I got my LOI last night! Took such a long time but Im soooo relieved, :) heres my timeline,

11 Jan sent Application
    7 Feb Application recieved
    29 Feb Request for payment
    1 Mar Paid and sent form
    12 Mar Payment recieved
    14 Mar Email about medical
    26 Mar Letter/Forms for Medical arrived in post
    29 Mar IEC requested additional info
    30 Mar Went for Medical
    2 Apr IEC requested additional info
    24 May LOI

What a fecking wait....... I actually emailed them yesterday morning about my application status as I hadn't heard a thing from them in 6 weeks. So I think that might have helped get the LOI.

So relieved! Best of luck to everyone :) If anyone needs any more info on medical or anything I'm happy to help, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lillyk21

Hey, I just recieved email yday saying I'm through to the 2nd round!! Any idea when I will hear about the medical and what does it entail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 albablue

lillyk21 wrote: »
    Hey, I just recieved email yday saying I'm through to the 2nd round!! Any idea when I will hear about the medical and what does it entail?

I take it you need a medical..... ?

But it will probably be a week or so Id say, I got mine 2 days later but I think that was very quick...

The medical is fairly expensive, its €305 I think.....and you may need to pay extra for a courier if the medical people don't supply one..
    It entails a basic questionnaire, a blood test, a urine test and a chest xray...
    They send out forms that you need to give to the doctors to fill in so if you've indicated that you need a medical they will be the next thing you get..

:)

Advertisement