Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lillyk21

Thanks, Yeah I knew it was expensive. Just hoping I get it soon, as we want to get out there as soon as possible :) Seems to moving quickly though, as only made payment onday and already sent on to 2nd round!!
    Do I have to go to Dublin? Do you know places that do the medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 albablue

lillyk21 wrote: »
    Thanks, Yeah I knew it was expensive. Just hoping I get it soon, as we want to get out there as soon as possible :) Seems to moving quickly though, as only made payment onday and already sent on to 2nd round!!
    Do I have to go to Dublin? Do you know places that do the medical?

Heres the list of medical practitioners that can do the Canadian medical,

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=1896&CountryName=Ireland,%20Republic%20of

So its either Dublin or Cork...

I went to the Visa Clinic in the Mater Private, Id recommend it as if you go to smaller practitioners you may do half the exam at their office etc and them need to go to a larger centre for the chest x-ray. Whereas in this clinic its all in the one place..
    Also no courier charge..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lillyk21

albablue wrote: »
    Heres the list of medical practitioners that can do the Canadian medical,

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=1896&CountryName=Ireland,%20Republic%20of

So its either Dublin or Cork...

I went to the Visa Clinic in the Mater Private, Id recommend it as if you go to smaller practitioners you may do half the exam at their office etc and them need to go to a larger centre for the chest x-ray. Whereas in this clinic its all in the one place..
    Also no courier charge..

Thanks a million, yeah I heard the Mater the best place to go!! All I need now is the email So fingers crossed It comes soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jj1787

I applied to the IEC back in April, recieved an email yesterday telling me im accepted and requesting payement. This would be great only my girlfriend has not yet been accepted, hers was posted off two days after mine by go4less due to some mistakes on the form. She got her first letter saying her application was recieved last week. I am very worried as there is only 28 visas left today. What do you rate her chances?

Also if i accept mine I will have 12 months to go so I assume by the time I would get my LOI it would be July, so would you reckon she would get a visa in 2013 IEC round before my 12 months would be up assuming she gets her application straight off when it reopens if she does miss out this year?

Our plan was to travel together early 2013 so this is a real pain in the backside!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

We will not accept any applications mailed after Monday May 28th, 2012 (as attested by the postal mark). There is no guarantee that applications received before this date will be approved. Applications are processed on a first come first served basis. Once the quota is full with applications that have been approved, we will stop all processing. You will be notified of the status of your application as soon as possible.

Information regarding the opening of the 2013 International Experience Canada Working Holiday for Irish participants will be posted on this page in the fall of 2012. We thank you for your interest in Canada.

And closed again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 megarhandi

do if i have already sent my payment am i part of the quota? or can i get an email saying "sorry about your luck try again next yr"? type of thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

megarhandi wrote: »
    do if i have already sent my payment am i part of the quota? or can i get an email saying "sorry about your luck try again next yr"? type of thing...

The consensus is that you are part of the quota once your initial application is received

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Got my request asking for payment! \o/
    Mate was few days after me so he should be getting his on Monday or Tuesday.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Wardie23

Got me LOI today thank ****. Happy days, hope all get there email soon enough. One thing I was wondering though, if I have the working visa do I still need a certain amount of money in my account and a flight booked home? Or is that just when you don't have a visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Wardie23 wrote: »
    Got me LOI today thank ****. Happy days, hope all get there email soon enough. One thing I was wondering though, if I have the working visa do I still need a certain amount of money in my account and a flight booked home? Or is that just when you don't have a visa?

That's all part of the working holiday visa. You HAVE to have the set money when entering the country. The bank statement you have with you has to be within the last week before you leave the country.

You don't have to have a flight booked home but if you buy a one way ticket you need to show them you have extra money for a flight back if needs be. So add another 500 or so onto your set money to cover yourself!

Congrats on the LOI :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 pesi2003

Hi I wondered if anyone had any ideas of this I'm currently in the second phase since April 18th so waiting for my LOI. I was going to have a medical for work purposes but deicded against this and when i received my form e-mailed them to say I no longer wanted one (as it told me to do on the form).
    time line
    second phase - 18th April
    medical form recieved- may 10th
    e-mailed to say no longer wanted medical - may 10th

It's been nearly 6 weeks(since starting 2nd phase) now do you think this will hold me up lots.

Also I've lost my passport and had to get a replacement, I know the visa is linked to the passport number, planning on getting my LOI then e-mailing them to tell them, do you think this will cause problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

Folks,

Just a heads up, the quota has been reached for visas for this year.
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

They went fast this year, compared to September last year.

pesi2003 wrote: »
    Hi I wondered if anyone had any ideas of this I'm currently in the second phase since April 18th so waiting for my LOI. I was going to have a medical for work purposes but deicded against this and when i received my form e-mailed them to say I no longer wanted one (as it told me to do on the form).
    time line
    second phase - 18th April
    medical form recieved- may 10th
    e-mailed to say no longer wanted medical - may 10th

It's been nearly 6 weeks(since starting 2nd phase) now do you think this will hold me up lots.

Also I've lost my passport and had to get a replacement, I know the visa is linked to the passport number, planning on getting my LOI then e-mailing them to tell them, do you think this will cause problems?

That's a tricky query.
    If you look at their original guidelines, I'd say you'd definitely need to run this by them....
    A legible photocopy of the identification pages of your passport (family names, given name(s), date and place of birth, passport’s issue and expiry dates). Your passport must be valid for a minimum of 12 months plus the processing time plus one day posted on our website. If you need to renew your passport in order to meet this requirement, you must do so before submitting your application. Do not send your original passport. There must be one completely blank page, other than the last page, available in your passport.

If the timelines are your only other concern, try not to worry, they wrote to me about phase 2 and said I'd hear in 2 wks and it was almost 5 wks, so anything goes with their timelines really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

got my payment request email on friday phew have wire transfered the money im just wondering do i scan and send the proof of payment to the same email address as the payment requested e-mail? i know the one for electronically sending your imm1295 is different

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bpoleary

I'm just wondering about getting insurance, I was looking at go4less and they do give a very good quote for it but it appears that you must book your visa through them in order to get insurance from them, can anyone tell me is this the case or can you get insurance from them for your visa from them regardless if you booked your visa through them or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Wardie23

Think I'm going to go through backpackertravelinsurance.ie. I presume somewhere like this is acceptable, yeah?

bpoleary wrote: »
    I'm just wondering about getting insurance, I was looking at go4less and they do give a very good quote for it but it appears that you must book your visa through them in order to get insurance from them, can anyone tell me is this the case or can you get insurance from them for your visa from them regardless if you booked your visa through them or not?
    Hi there

I made enquiries with Ace Travel insurance and here is what they said to me.
    I was looking for insurance for 12 months from the date I leave.....

I can confirm that the ACE Traveller policy can cover trips lasting up to a maximum of 13 months, and includes cover for unlimited medical and additional expenses.

For full cover details or to obtain a quote please visit our website, http://www.acetravellerinsurance.ie/. Alternatively contact myself or a member of the travel team on 1800 20 00 35, who will be happy to assist you further.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bpoleary

Hi there

I made enquiries with Ace Travel insurance and here is what they said to me.
    I was looking for insurance for 12 months from the date I leave.....

I can confirm that the ACE Traveller policy can cover trips lasting up to a maximum of 13 months, and includes cover for unlimited medical and additional expenses.

For full cover details or to obtain a quote please visit our website, http://www.acetravellerinsurance.ie/. Alternatively contact myself or a member of the travel team on 1800 20 00 35, who will be happy to assist you further.
    Thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 molly55

New to this and hoping someone can help me with the following query. I decided quite recently to apply for a Canadian visa...sent off for my garda cert from here and the UK as I live there for a couple of years. I'm still waiting on both of those certs but should have them any day now. I now realise that I'll miss the deadline as according to the IEC website they'll only accept applications posted tomorrow and since I dont have the garda certs I can't post my application. Extremely gutted as now it looks as if I'll have to wait for the 2013 programme. So finally I get to my question...is there any hope that they'll release any additional visas or is it officially closed once they say it is? I just thought someone who had previous experience might know. Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light.

molly55 wrote: »
    New to this and hoping someone can help me with the following query. I decided quite recently to apply for a Canadian visa...sent off for my garda cert from here and the UK as I live there for a couple of years. I'm still waiting on both of those certs but should have them any day now. I now realise that I'll miss the deadline as according to the IEC website they'll only accept applications posted tomorrow and since I dont have the garda certs I can't post my application. Extremely gutted as now it looks as if I'll have to wait for the 2013 programme. So finally I get to my question...is there any hope that they'll release any additional visas or is it officially closed once they say it is? I just thought someone who had previous experience might know. Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light.

Unfortunately they won't add any more this year.
    I missed it last year and had to wait, so I know what I'm talking about.
    They will probably open a week before Christmas so the best you can do is be ready for that.
    Listen, I feel your pain and disappointment.
    Just be ready and make sure you fill out the forms completely and correctly when they do open.
    Don't use any agency or 3rd party either.

• Advertisement

Thanks RootsCanada I assumed that would be the case absolutely kicking myelf for not making the decision sooner but I suppose I'll just have to be prepared for the next round of visas. Thanks a million for such a quick response.

molly55 wrote: »
    Thanks RootsCanada I assumed that would be the case absolutely kicking myelf for not making the decision sooner but I suppose I'll just have to be prepared for the next round of visas. Thanks a million for such a quick response.

No problem.
    Honestly, I had such an awful time with it last year and this year. I promised, if I got it, I'd help anyone and everyone with it.
    I made a fatal mistake of using globalvisas.com last year and they didn't send it off on time. They wouldn't give me my money back but said I could use them this year. I was all set in January and they set me up for a fall and gave me a wrong form to complete so it was rejected in March. I nearly died.
    I put my own application in, within 24 hrs, stayed up all night to put it through and paid a courier to take it to London personally as I was afraid they'd run out. I finally got it and haven't made the move yet but I know every heartache that can happen with it.
    So, as I said, I'd do anything to help people and share my experience as there are a lot of unknowns and it's a tricky process.
    You'll get there, don't worry.

Jeez sounds like you had a fairly sterssful time of it. It's great that it's all sorted for you now though. I've been warned off using the likes of USIT etc and by the sounds of it I'd be better off applying directly. I suppose at least now I have plenty of time to familiarise myself with the forms. Thanks again for your advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pesi2003

Hi. quick question.
    has anyone asked for a medical then changed thier mind about it. It says on the form you can and I e-mailed as it said but recieved no reply and am slightly worried if they got it or not.

Or has anyone had any luck with replies to e-mails?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭iamthe43

Has anyone here applied to have their application re-assessed under the guidance note put up on the IEC website on April 26 New Policy on the Residency Clause for Irish Passports Holders under the International Experience Canada Initiative”

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/residency-clause-residence.aspx?view=d

I was rejected on the habitual residency, but based on this new scheme I was entitled to apply for re-assessment, which I did, but I haven’t heard anything back from them since 28th of April.

If i dont get my visa through, its fair enough, but I would like to know either way so i can make alternative plans.

It’s a pain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭iamthe43

pesi2003 wrote: »

Or has anyone had any luck with replies to e-mails?

They are fcuking useless whn it comes to replying to emails...Useless

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yashio

Anyone help us out here,i got email saying no longer taking visa applications as of 10 tonight,i sent mine already to london and got confirmation it was recieved and they sent back email asking for payment,does this mean im safe or whats the crack(still need to pay them the 105 euro)

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Story so far:

Applied - 4th May
    Application received - 15th May
    Payment/IMM1295 form request - 28th May

Got worried when reading that the visas were all gone but I take it that anyone who got an application received email has a visa waiting for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Sent away my application last week, I know I've got barely any chance of getting a visa because they've reached their quota but I got this email this morning from go4less and they basically said I need to put all the documents in the exact order and put the bar code pages to the front of the forms on the two forms that have one! They also mentioned that there was a check list.....

I did put the forms in the exact order but I never put the bar code pages to the front. I never had a checklist either. Did everyone here put those bar codes to the front of the forms? :mad:

Will this reduce my chances again? FUUUUUU :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 yashio

WasterEx wrote: »
    Sent away my application last week, I know I've got barely any chance of getting a visa because they've reached their quota but I got this email this morning from go4less and they basically said I need to put all the documents in the exact order and put the bar code pages to the front of the forms on the two forms that have one! They also mentioned that there was a check list.....

I did put the forms in the exact order but I never put the bar code pages to the front. I never had a checklist either. Did everyone here put those bar codes to the front of the forms? :mad:

Will this reduce my chances again? FUUUUUU :(
    I didnt and had no problems far as i can member

Advertisement