Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yashio

leggit wrote: »
    Story so far:

Applied - 4th May
    Application received - 15th May
    Payment/IMM1295 form request - 28th May

Got worried when reading that the visas were all gone but I take it that anyone who got an application received email has a visa waiting for them?
    Tats wat i want to know
    Like shud i even bother paying the 150$

• Registered Users Posts: 8 megarhandi

still waiting...SINCE JANUARY!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

yashio wrote: »
    Anyone help us out here,i got email saying no longer taking visa applications as of 10 tonight,i sent mine already to london and got confirmation it was recieved and they sent back email asking for payment,does this mean im safe or whats the crack(still need to pay them the 105 euro)

I would be confident that you are ok.
    Once they are looking for money, they mean business.
    Get that payment through, without delay, you've nothing to loose now, so go for it.

megarhandi wrote: »

There is something wrong.
    I applied in January, I meet the reps at a fair in the RDS in March and they said if I hadn't heard, that there was something up.
    Sure enough, there was and my application was returned to me.

I know they are woeful to contact via email but you need to hound them.

yashio wrote: »
    Tats wat i want to know
    Like shud i even bother paying the 150$

Yes, you should be fine, I was worried about it too and I got mine.
    Get those payments in on time.

• Advertisement

There is something wrong.
    I applied in January, I meet the reps at a fair in the RDS in March and they said if I hadn't heard, that there was something up.
    Sure enough, there was and my application was returned to me.

I know they are woeful to contact via email but you need to hound them.

I was forwarded to the CIC on April 25th. And I've seen many people who have applied in March and April receive their LOIs. Plus people who have just just sent their applications are at the same stage as me :S is there a number to phone them at? does anyone know?

I was forwarded to the CIC on April 25th. And I've seen many people who have applied in March and April receive their LOIs. Plus people who have just just sent their applications are at the same stage as me :S is there a number to phone them at? does anyone know?

Unfortunately there is no number to call, it's a pure curse I know.

Look at this link for contact options ... If you have a WTN number, quote this in the email title.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/contact_us-communiquez_avec_nous.aspx?view=d

• Registered Users Posts: 14 gracielou

Hi guys,

I received my LOI, last weekend. I was thrilled. I would just like to say a big thanks to everyone on boards for all the information and advice posted. I couldn't of gotten through it without ye.

Here is my timeline.

Sent application: 3rd April
    Email saying it was received: 22nd April
    Payment Email: 29th April
    Second Phase: 11th May
    LOI: 26th May

Just waiting on the boyfs LOI and planning to head over in August to Vancouver.

Might see some of you there :)

gracielou wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I received my LOI, last weekend. I was thrilled. I would just like to say a big thanks to everyone on boards for all the information and advice posted. I couldn't of gotten through it without ye.

Here is my timeline.

Sent application: 3rd April
    Email saying it was received: 22nd April
    Payment Email: 29th April
    Second Phase: 11th May
    LOI: 26th May

Just waiting on the boyfs LOI and planning to head over in August to Vancouver.

Might see some of you there :)

Great news, good for you :-)
    I'm heading to Nova Scotia in July and very excited about it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mul123

mul123 wrote: »
    hi there,
    i paid on the 24th April from an aib bank at a kiosk.which is electronic trnsfer. I have not recieved payment confirmation from the embassy. After I read earlier posts about errors with Aib i then rang customer care. they basically said they cannot ammend what appears in the account as it has already gone through. does anyone know what to do to rectify the problem? how have other people addressed the issue and has anyone successfully made it to the next stage after the payment mess up?

Hey again, in Friday I got an email to send a scan of my reciept (not more than 500mb) to the embassy. I sent a picture of my reciept but I realised it was over the size it should have been. I emailed again with the smaller image an hour later. I then got an email saying the image was too large, I replied to the email with smaller image atttached again. I haven't heard anything since Friday.anyone in a similar situation or got that email requesting a receipt? Would love to know what's happening as I'm here in Toronto waiting to get visa! Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 jj1787

If you have recieved an email confirming the application was recieved does this mean a visa has been reserved for you this email was receieved on may 16th but still no email asking for payement yet and it is 2 weeks ago at this stage??

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

jj1787 wrote: »
    If you have recieved an email confirming the application was recieved does this mean a visa has been reserved for you this email was receieved on may 16th but still no email asking for payement yet and it is 2 weeks ago at this stage??

Seriously Chap. Read the forum. You'll be waiting another 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pesi2003

#

Hi, I'm still waiting since Febuary first applying dispite my freinds who applied after getting their LOI.
    heres my time line

Feb 23rd - application recieved
    March 31st - payment request
    April 18th sent to CIC
    May 10th - medical form recieved and request canciled

Waiting for LOI. Really dont get their system :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Welcome to the club. You'll eventually get the Visa, don't mind what other people say. If you haven't got it back yet then you did nothing wrong. Their process is an absolute disgrace. I applied on January 13th, 2012. I received the 'payment received, moving onto final phase before LOI is issued 6 weeks' e-mail on Sunday morning (2 days ago). It sucks because my current Visa ends on June 7th so the Canadian Government have basically screwed me over - I built a life over here and it's basically all over. It's a pain in the ass but you'll get it eventually. A friend of mine (Irish boy also living over here in Toronto) applied Friday week ago and got his Conditional Acceptance 4 days later. Whatever system they're running it's obnoxious. I feel sorry for the people who were depending on getting an LOI because I have no intentions of accepting mine. My visa ends on June 7th, parents are coming over here for a holiday on June 22nd, they're leaving July 7th and I'll probably fly back to Ireland on July 21st. That's about 6 weeks from now and I'll probably get my LOI in the meantime. Luckily I can stay here under implied status as a tourist as long as I apply for it before June 7th or else I'd totally lose my sh*t.

Anyway, to the others best of luck in Canadialand it's a great place but you'll get used to the Government screwing you over here (hi tax).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Welcome to the club. You'll eventually get the Visa, don't mind what other people say. If you haven't got it back yet then you did nothing wrong. Their process is an absolute disgrace. I applied on January 13th, 2012. I received the 'payment received, moving onto final phase before LOI is issued 6 weeks' e-mail on Sunday morning (2 days ago). It sucks because my current Visa ends on June 7th so the Canadian Government have basically screwed me over - I built a life over here and it's basically all over. It's a pain in the ass but you'll get it eventually. A friend of mine (Irish boy also living over here in Toronto) applied Friday week ago and got his Conditional Acceptance 4 days later. Whatever system they're running it's obnoxious. I feel sorry for the people who were depending on getting an LOI because I have no intentions of accepting mine. My visa ends on June 7th, parents are coming over here for a holiday on June 22nd, they're leaving July 7th and I'll probably fly back to Ireland on July 21st. That's about 6 weeks from now and I'll probably get my LOI in the meantime. Luckily I can stay here under implied status as a tourist as long as I apply for it before June 7th or else I'd totally lose my sh*t.

Anyway, to the others best of luck in Canadialand it's a great place but you'll get used to the Government screwing you over here (hi tax).

Have you asked you company to apply for a LMO for you so you could get a TWP sorted? It's cutting it fine but get the paperwork in asap and then call them for an expidited ddecision. We asked for an expidited decision last year and had one in 3 days

red menace wrote: »
    Have you asked you company to apply for a LMO for you so you could get a TWP sorted? It's cutting it fine but get the paperwork in asap and then call them for an expidited ddecision. We asked for an expidited decision last year and had one in 3 days

Yes, they don't do LMO's for their (foreign) employees.

Yes, they don't do LMO's for their (foreign) employees.

That sucks sorry couldnt be of more help.

That sucks sorry couldnt be of more help.

No worries. Like I said, I feel sorry for the people living at home and have to deal with this. I am at least in Canada and have worked here for a year. It sucks to have had to quit my job but I can now at least enjoy the awesome weather and summer here =)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 liam8792

i got an email on the 25th saying they couldnt match my payment details with my application. i sent the money online and not through a bank transfer i checked with my bank and the money is definitely gone out of my account. they still haven't got back to me as to whether they could match the details or not and i only have 10 days to sort it out or my application will be refused. is there any other number i can call besides the 00442072586699 number ? because they are totally useless

• Registered Users Posts: 38 alanmc87

not sure about the num i couldnt get in touch with them. got an email saying they had not recieved payment on friday when i payed on april27th. the bank put the wrong WTN in i ended up paying again to be safe. sent app of on feb 25th. was told when puttin in the WTN if it will not fit to leave out WTN and the dashes ----.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 PollyMe

I paid mine and my boyfriends from my account, I rang the bank 3 times making sure the full WTN was in the ref and they assured me it was but then both of us got that same email saying they couldn't match us to payments on Friday. I sent them all my details and rang the bank again for some other ref number they gave me. It's never ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bpoleary

The website now says that they have reached the quota and once that is done all they will stop all processing, I got an email last week saying that I have been passed on to the second stage of the evaluation process so surely this means that I should get a visa, if not I'm going to be absolutely devestated because I hate the thought of waiting until the 2013 season, people will think I'm lying about planning on going to Canada because I've been talking about it already for months on end

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ash_Mag

Me too, sent forms on January 11th. Have received exactly 3 emails from IEC in that time. Just the notice of receipt, conditional acceptance and passed to CIC last friday. No indication that anything was actually wrong despite me emailing them constantly asking why this has taken nearly 6 months, what the heck?! :( Losing so much money on flight changes and rent.

Ash_Mag wrote: »
    Me too, sent forms on January 11th. Have received exactly 3 emails from IEC in that time. Just the notice of receipt, conditional acceptance and passed to CIC last friday. No indication that anything was actually wrong despite me emailing them constantly asking why this has taken nearly 6 months, what the heck?! :( Losing so much money on flight changes and rent.

ridiculous. thought it was first come first served :S best of luck to you. i emailed them and they said that they're trying to get out the last of the LOIs this week. I'll post when I get mine...if I do

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pesi2003

ridiculous. thought it was first come first served :S best of luck to you. i emailed them and they said that they're trying to get out the last of the LOIs this week. I'll post when I get mine...if I do

The first come first served thing seems redundant....sent to the CIC 18th april still waiting. You managed to get a reply to an e-mail I'm impressed tried several times several address nothing......guess I just wait and hope :mad:

pesi2003 wrote: »
    The first come first served thing seems redundant....sent to the CIC 18th april still waiting. You managed to get a reply to an e-mail I'm impressed tried several times several address nothing......guess I just wait and hope :mad:

well here's hoping everyone knows one way or another by the end of the week. I was sent to the CIC on april 25th

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ash_Mag

Well that's good news, at least they're replying to some people. Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

I sent mine on 17th of this month and got an email for notice of reciept on the 23rd may. Hopefully that means I have a place

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Here is my timeline.

Sent application: 23rd April
    Email saying it was received: 2nd May
    Payment Email: 17th May
    Second Phase: 24th May
    LOI:Still wating for it

• Advertisement

By the looks of it there will be some avalanche of applications when it opens for 2013
    The one positive for most people is at least it's a chance to save up some extra cash.

Advertisement