Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sduff05

red menace wrote: »
    By the looks of it there will be some avalanche of applications when it opens for 2013
    The one positive for most people is at least it's a chance to save up some extra cash.

Without a doubt. I dont think I could take another 6-7 months though in my current job. If I dont get Canada this year I think I will go to New Zealand instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

By the looks of it there will be some avalanche of applications when it opens for 2013
    The one positive for most people is at least it's a chance to save up some extra cash.

Not waiting around for 2013 if I don't get my visa, will be off to Oz/New Zealand!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭snoopmadra

my timeline....

sent app... 10 april
    notice of receipt 24 april
    payment requested 11 may
    payed 14 may
    sent to CIC 21 may

and now waiting game again...

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Finally got my LoI at 1am Irish time

That was a long six months

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mul123

DazzlerIE wrote: »

How long were you waiting at the cic stage? Did u have a medical test to do?

• Advertisement

mul123 wrote: »
    DazzlerIE wrote: »

How long were you waiting at the cic stage? Did u have a medical test to do?

Passed to cic on may 15th. No medical needed. They sent back my first app from January, hence the delay. Six months wait for a one year visa...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pesi2003

is there anyone wating for their LOI who paid in march?
    I paid march 31st passed on april 18th and don't get why people who applied in May have LOIs.......this doesn't sound good for me

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jenniem01

m.j.w wrote: »
    I sent mine on 17th of this month and got an email for notice of reciept on the 23rd may. Hopefully that means I have a place

I'm the exact same as you so let me know if you hear anything and I'll do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mtl2012

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ash_Mag

pesi2003 wrote: »
    I paid march 31st passed on april 18th and don't get why people who applied in May have LOIs.......this doesn't sound good for me
    Yeah I paid on the 12th of March but only got passed to CIC on 25th of May. Still waiting :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Canadabound87

Hi I hope somebody can help. On Saturday I received the Welcome letter stating that I have received my LOI. I have not received my LOI. I have emailed them telling them this but as of yet have not heard anything. I want to fly out to Canada in the next two weeks! Obviously I know now that I have been approved but I still don't have the letter. Can anybody recommend away of getting in contact with someone who can help? I have emailed them with URGENT in the subject line but have heard nothing!!

Any advice would be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

What does the text of the letter say?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Canadabound87

What does the text of the letter say?
    The attachment says:

Subject: Welcome.
    Dear Mr./Ms.:
    Welcome to International Experience Canada (IEC).
    You have received your Letter of Introduction from Citizenship and Immigration Canada that outlines the next steps for your trip to Canada. The goal of International Experience Canada (IEC) is to help you visit and discover Canada through a travel, work and life experience.
    Canada is one of the largest countries in the world, with a diversity of geography, climate, people and customs. To help you understand the differences between Canada’s provinces, and to assist you in adapting to the differences that may exist between your country and Canada, IEC has prepared a Guide to Canada. You can view or download this guide from our site at http:// www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/guide/ canada_guide-guide_du_canada.aspx?lang=eng.
    To help us better understand your expectations as an International Experience Canada participant, we invite you to take our short online pre-departure survey at http://dfait- maeci.sondages-surveys.ca/s/IEC-EIC/. You will receive another notification from us at the end of your participation inviting you to take our post-participation survey.
    If at any time during your stay in Canada you would like to comment on your experience to the Canadian government, you may contact IEC at experience@international.gc.ca.
    We hope that your visit represents a step towards a lifelong positive relationship with Canada and Canadians. We wish you every success in your Canadian adventure.

I'm 99% sure they'll be still able to give you the work permit, even if a bit is missing off your LoI

All they need is your client number, you'll be in the system

• Registered Users Posts: 15 nms

pesi2003 wrote: »

ye me too. paid 15thMarch,passed on 25th may!! Applied in Jan...Not fair:(

• Registered Users Posts: 15 pollynat

Hi, is anyone still waiting for payment request? I got the email to say they had received my application on the 15th May, I know thats only a short time ago, but just wondered if anyone was at the same stage?

Waiting game......

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fedupwaiting

I got the mail on April 25th saying I was through to the final stage and would hear within 6 weeks. 6 weeks is up today and still nothing. Has it taken this long for anyone else? Seriously pi##ed off at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pesi2003

I got the mail on April 25th saying I was through to the final stage and would hear within 6 weeks. 6 weeks is up today and still nothing. Has it taken this long for anyone else? Seriously pi##ed off at this stage.

Final stage April 18th........still waiting :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fedupwaiting

Oh no that's terrible. I've emailed loads and rang the number and left messages. What is the bloody delay ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

They've linked up my payment, I've finally been put through to 2nd stage. Still worried something will go wrong, dont lose faith people you'll get there eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jenniem01

pollynat wrote: »
    Hi, is anyone still waiting for payment request? I got the email to say they had received my application on the 15th May, I know thats only a short time ago, but just wondered if anyone was at the same stage?

Waiting game......

I'm still waiting for request for payment too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15 pollynat

jenniem01 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for request for payment too :(

Its so frustrating, I really hope I get it before my current one expires.. not ready to give up my job and move on.... fingers crossed for both of us !!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doneill85

Chuck Norris can get an LOI in 8 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

i have been waiting since may 15th since i was passed to the final stage my friend who was told the same day he had been passed to the final stage he got his LOI friday and im still waiting :mad:

has anyone been rejected in the final stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Paid a week ago and got email today saying I've been moved onto the second/final stage and should hear within 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sduff05

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Paid a week ago and got email today saying I've been moved onto the second/final stage and should hear within 6 weeks.

You were told it could be 6 weeks????

sduff05 wrote: »
    You were told it could be 6 weeks????

Yeah! In fairness my application seems to be flying through so don't think it will take that long. Think they getting through peoples forms a lot quicker now the deadline is over and done with. But they do mention in every email to NOT contact them asking for information as they will not respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 hickeydermot

Finally got my visa , after applying in feb.

took 6/7 weeks for them to approve the first phase, then after sending payment it took 5 weeks to finally for them to send the visa.

I made no mistakes on the application luckily , or else i'd be probably still waiting.

Moving on.

Has anyone got any ideas of how to get cheap flights?

Pricing is around 900/1000 for flights to vancouver , but would love to get my hands on some promo codes etc.

Also where do you guys get your insurance from?

Are you getting one way or a return? I'm going the one way option much handier and flights are about 450-550 if ya search about! :)

Insurance I haven't decided on. Looked through soo many different ones but there is all this fine print you have to check esp in regards to sports and what you are or are not allowed to do. Would drive ya mad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 hickeydermot

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Are you getting one way or a return? I'm going the one way option much handier and flights are about 450-550 if ya search about! :)

Insurance I haven't decided on. Looked through soo many different ones but there is all this fine print you have to check esp in regards to sports and what you are or are not allowed to do. Would drive ya mad!

I'll get one way if I'm allowed , but I heard they want you to have a return ticket and if you dont they could turn you away at customs no?

Advertisement