Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sduff05

Timeline so far
    Posted : 9 - May
    Notice of receipt : 17 - May
    Payment requested : 12 - June

I'm going to pay tomorrow. Can anyone tell me is it possible/worth it to go into the AIB in Grafton Street ( where the account for the Canadian Embassy is ) and pay directly into the account so nothing could go wrong. . . Do they allow this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭emigrate2012

Id say you can but refunding it(if the worst happens) could be problematic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 brown303

Just to let people know,(I got rejected) they hold onto the fee for UP TO FOUR MONTHS! bull**** I know but just thought id let yis know,interesting to know how many rejections they have (theirs quite a bit of interest being made i presume)and going on their previous form it'll probably be the very last day of the four months.anyways best of luck to everyone still waiting.

What did they reject you for? Had you paid the fee and received the passed to CIC email?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Jay.D87

Hi folks,

So we attempted to get on the IEC program with Usit but ran into difficulty with things that were beyond our control... (delayed passports and garda clearance) About which we sent proof to them. I emailed Usit the whole time explaining why I was delayed getting in to have the application forms checked and sent off. etc

We had our appointment booked for thursday 31/5/12 but we were not informed they were stopping taking applications on the Monday 28/5

Obviously we didnt get in on time so I rang Usit a couple of times and was passed from person to person but eventually told we should be able to get a refund back to just email them and explain why we were delayed which I did.

Eventually some retail manager rang me today and said we would not be getting a refund because it says in the terms and conditions the programme was non refundable... ok fair enough its in black and white (in the small print)
    so I just told her fair enough... no refund is fine... but now she says the money will not count when applying for the next time around!? or even for the australian programme?
    We did not avail of even one of their services and I cant get my head around this.

Im currently unemployed and had to work my hole off to get that 400 euro up to pay for it... Imagine being told you were out of time for eligibility for a visa and then being told your 400 euro you worked so hard for has vanished into thin air...

How can they get away with this seriously? they did nothing for us I'm absolutely fuming over this, is anybody in or maybe has been in this situation? any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jenniem01

orgaz wrote: »
    jenniem01 wrote: »
    I got mine May 23rd too so coming on 3 weeks now and not a peep!

I'm trying to stay positive. :D

Same as Jennie, I got my notice of Receipt on 28th May and still waiting on Payment email... Really hope they still process coz I know there was only 12 left when I applied.

PMA! PMA! PMA! PMA!!!!! :D Keep me posted on your application, good luck.

Got my request to pay so paid today! I shall keep you posted if I hear anything

• Advertisement

I paid today aswell.
    Its will be nice to have someone to reference "processing speeds" with.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sillisome fiend

sduff05 wrote: »

I paid today aswell.

What way did you pay? Working 9 to 5 so an online transfer suits me best but would rather go into the bank!

What way did you pay? Working 9 to 5 so an online transfer suits me best but would rather go into the bank!

I paid in the bank to I have the lodgement slip stamped etc.
    Try get to a bank on your lunch I remember a few people saying their application was slow and they were putting it down to paying online....

Try go on your lunch? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sillisome fiend

I paid in the bank to I have the lodgement slip stamped etc.
    Try get to a bank on your lunch I remember a few people saying their application was slow and they were putting it down to paying online....

Try go on your lunch? :)

I'm off early Friday so will go to the bank then. Thanks, was worried about paying online alright!

I went into a bank aswell.
    I think some banks open for a few hours on Saturday, if that helps.

I didnt get anything stamped though. Did you need to? I just got a receipt of payment from the bank ( not the embassy )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

I got my request for payment today as well. Gonna pay tomorrow. Just a few questions, when you send the electronic version of the IMM1295 do you save the file as your wtn. "Please ensure the document filename corresponds to your WTN." Is that what that means. Also there is a splace for a signature at the bottom of the form, this doesnt have to be signed does it? Sorry for the stupid questions but I want to make sure I dont mess it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bpoleary

m.j.w wrote: »
    I got my request for payment today as well. Gonna pay tomorrow. Just a few questions, when you send the electronic version of the IMM1295 do you save the file as your wtn. "Please ensure the document filename corresponds to your WTN." Is that what that means. Also there is a splace for a signature at the bottom of the form, this doesnt have to be signed does it? Sorry for the stupid questions but I want to make sure I dont mess it up.
    All I did was sent the form as an attachment and put in the mail text please find enclosed a copy of my IMM1295 and also said that my World Tracking Number was the following ################## etc. In regards to that signature line at the bottom, of course not if your sending it by email, your signature is handwritten and they have that already received by post, they just want an electronic copy of it. This is all coming from someone who has already received the LOI just to add

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Timeline so far
    Posted : 9 - May
    Notice of receipt : 17 - May
    Payment requested : 12 - June

I'm going to pay tomorrow. Can anyone tell me is it possible/worth it to go into the AIB in Grafton Street ( where the account for the Canadian Embassy is ) and pay directly into the account so nothing could go wrong. . . Do they allow this?

If you have AIB online banking, you should follow post #1268 on page 85, I used that and didn't have any problems :)

I went into a bank aswell.
    I think some banks open for a few hours on Saturday, if that helps.

I didnt get anything stamped though. Did you need to? I just got a receipt of payment from the bank ( not the embassy )

She just stamped the lodgement slip and gave me the receipt of payment, so I took a photos of that and sent it in to prove I paid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

had an email today saying they didnt get my electroinc IMM1295 form which they said they had before and i did send it. Anyone else come across this?

Did anyone pay with bank of ireland and if so did the form you have to fill in look like the one I have attached. The people in the bank didnt have a clue what I was looking for, kept telling me I had to get a draft :mad: Hopefully I sent the right thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Did anyone pay with bank of ireland and if so did the form you have to fill in look like the one I have attached. The people in the bank didnt have a clue what I was looking for, kept telling me I had to get a draft :mad: Hopefully I sent the right thing

think it looks good for you did they charge you for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JamesA1984

Has anybody been waiting since February? I've been in this since then, and been with the CIC since April 23rd....due to fly on Tuesday and getting very angry. What the hell is going on? Emailed both emails EIGHT times, gone through the web form too....how many responses? I don't even need to say. If I have any problems getting through as a tourist I will be absolutely fuming!!!!

jjbrien wrote: »
    think it looks good for you did they charge you for this?

nice one cheers! no she said there would be no charge for it

nice one cheers! no she said there would be no charge for it
    Bank of Ireland transferred the payment? That's surprising because when I went into a Bank of Ireland branch they told me that I had to go to an AIB one because the bank details were for AIB, I suppose it depends on which branch you go to but still, wouldn't you think if one does it they all should

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭rusheen

Hi does anyone know , does the IMM1295 at the Request for payment stage have to be exactly the same word for word as the original send in .
    Im not 100 % sure of the work history dates I send in on the original .

Would they dismiss my application for something so minor as dates not matching on two forms ?

Thanks

rusheen wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know , does the IMM1295 at the Request for payment stage have to be exactly the same word for word as the original send in .
    Im not 100 % sure of the work history dates I send in on the original .

Would they dismiss my application for something so minor as dates not matching on two forms ?

Thanks
    Yeah all information that you send them by email most match what you sent them by post

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭rusheen

Oh well :(

yad think the agent I paid to lodge my application would have kept a copy of the documents I gave them .

Paid a what I thought was a reputable agent to do a professional job of preparing and lodging my application to avoid such mistakes .

Oh .........

When I posted my forms off I sent off an extra IMM1295 for extra employment info. I didnt email them the extra form as it says "Please send only the application form and not any of the supporting documentation."
    What do you make of this? Should i have sent the 2 off?

I am so sick of having to worry about every little thing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 38 alanmc87

rusheen wrote: »
    Oh well :(

yad think the agent I paid to lodge my application would have kept a copy of the documents I gave them .

Paid a what I thought was a reputable agent to do a professional job of preparing and lodging my application to avoid such mistakes .

Oh .........

I never saved my imm1295 form either and i booked it through usit and they never said to save it. i filled the form in the best i could and sent it and told them my computer crashed and had to redo it. i have got confirmation of payment but hopefully will hear back soon with my LOI. i applied on march12th.

I paid today aswell.

I got my confirmation of being passed to Phase 2 today... Fingers crossed LOI is next :D

I got my confirmation of being passed to Phase 2 today... Fingers crossed LOI is next :D

Thats great. Hope all goes smoothly for you.
    Just got the email now. Passed on to Phase 2 :)

I got passed to phase 2 aswell but I dont think my payment has went through yet as the money is not out of my account.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Just got my letter of introduction now (though it doesn't say it's a letter of introduction on it).

I got my notice of receipt of application on 23/04 but it had been delivered 3 weeks before that. On 15th May my application was sent to CIC and today 4.5 weeks later I got the approval.

I'm actually in shock! As it was taking so long and because they've officially filled their quota/stopped taking applications I was expecting not to get it. Plus there is only a week a half left in the 6 weeks you're meant to wait for CIC to get back to you.

I'm 30, well 31 tomorrow, so last week I applied for an Australian Working Holiday Visa as a back up. Then during the week I got an email from a recruitment agency about a job that I would be very suitable for! So in the space of a week I've gone from a doom and gloom situation of having few options to now having 3! LOL!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 daveyf

Just wondering if anyone has only received an electronic version of there LOI and will this all you will need to provide when arriving in Canada

Advertisement