Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

if youre granted one but dont use it, you lose it and thats it, it counts as if you did use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,381 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Helix wrote: »
    if youre granted one but dont use it, you lose it and thats it, it counts as if you did use it.

right so, better to wait in this case so and apply in the summer if needs be.

is it ok to apply for the second year visa in 2013 instead of 2012?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cmac8

Did they state that they wanted your date of birth or were you in contact with them? There is no instruction on the email that we got there to say what to put in as a reference. I would think that the WTN number would suffice alright.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

That was last year not this year..
    Last year they said to put your date of birth on it as reference.. but dont do it if they havent asked.. but when the forms are printed out at the start you do have a reference number on the top rite of the form so i would assume for this year you put that on it!

Sorry i am not quiet clear what you mean by forms are printed out? On the top right of the conditional letter it just stats my WTN number which I think would be best thing to put in as a reference

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

cmac8 wrote: »
    Sorry i am not quiet clear what you mean by forms are printed out? On the top right of the conditional letter it just stats my WTN number which I think would be best thing to put in as a reference

on the initial application forms that we all filled out for the 2012 IEC when you click validate on one of the forms it created a reference number on the top rite in a small little box.

That was the form that I couldnt save down so dont have a clue what that reference number is now. I am going to go with the WTN number

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

cmac8 wrote: »
    That was the form that I couldnt save down so dont have a clue what that reference number is now. I am going to go with the WTN number

Go with the WTN number, it said in a previous email to use that number for all references and enquiries made to their offices. You can't go wrong with that number. Are you doing it via AIB? I may as well do mine now as well so!

Dont it there. Sent it through via the IBAN / Swift as the usual way didnt give me enough room to enter the whole WHP number. I am sure its all good but if I hear anything negative back ill post it on here. Email sent as well

Thanks for the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Go with the WTN number, it said in a previous email to use that number for all references and enquiries made to their offices. You can't go wrong with that number. Are you doing it via AIB? I may as well do mine now as well so!

1. What exactly happens once you send in the application initially? They send you an email confirming everything is in order, is it? Is that when you pay?

2. What methods of payment are there available once an application has been deemed to be in order?

3. What is the WTN number and when do you get it?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

kraggy wrote: »

1. What exactly happens once you send in the application initially? They send you an email confirming everything is in order, is it? Is that when you pay?

2. What methods of payment are there available once an application has been deemed to be in order?

3. What is the WTN number and when do you get it?

Thanks.
    When you send your applcation in, within 2-3 weeks you will receive an email confirming they received your documents and will now go through whether you meet the eligibility criteria. This email will also contain your World Tracking Number. In the second email, it will state if your application has been accepted or declined. If its accepted it will give bank account details etc to pay the fee which is €105 and it can only be done by an electronic wired bank transfer.

When you send your applcation in, within 2-3 weeks you will receive an email confirming they received your documents and will now go through whether you meet the eligibility criteria. This email will also contain your World Tracking Number. In the second email, it will state if your application has been accepted or declined. If its accepted it will give bank account details etc to pay the fee which is €105 and it can only be done by an electronic wired bank transfer.

Thanks for that Ciara.

So the first email doesn't necessarily mean that all your documents are in order. You have to wait for the second email?

And that electronic bank transfer, can that be done online?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Apologies if this has been convered but theres a fair amount to trawl through and may have missed it.

Can I apply for this from Australia, on my 2nd WHV over here which ends in September and have no intention of properly living in Ireland. Obviously need police checks and all but is that possible without phyisically presenting myself at a station in Ireland?

If I can apply I'm right in saying I've 12 months from acceptance to enter Canada? so apply, get visa in Feb or March then off to Asia for a couple of months in September, home in time for Christmas 2012 before heading off on this visa around Febuary next year wouldn't be an issue?

See people talking about their second Canadian visa's, is that just a case of same process again the following year and activating same as the first one? Limited to two 1 year visa's I presume?

kraggy wrote: »

Thanks for that Ciara.

So the first email doesn't necessarily mean that all your documents are in order. You have to wait for the second email?

And that electronic bank transfer, can that be done online?

Thats absolutely correct! You have to wait until the second email to see if your forms are ok and the transfer can be done online or in a bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Tsukimi

Just paid last night, I know this is only something really tiny but I'm so on edge about messing anything up :P

In the space for the name of the person receiving the payment it only allow me to put Embassy of Canada and on the email it says to put THE Embassy of Canada, I presume there won't be any complications with this? Haha :P

Also, how do we know if they have accepted our payment? Any idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Wadju

I got my conditional acceptance yesterday and was on my way down to that bank this morning to pay the fees when I got a funny feeling I hadn't sent all the forms. I've had look around and come across a copy of the Medical Examination Declaration. I'm now not sure if I had two copies of this and sent one in or not.

Should I pay the fee to day and let them send the paperwork onto the Visa Section? If I haven't sent it in will they refuse the application straight away or will they request the missing paperwork first?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Wadju wrote: »
    I got my conditional acceptance yesterday and was on my way down to that bank this morning to pay the fees when I got a funny feeling I hadn't sent all the forms. I've had look around and come across a copy of the Medical Examination Declaration. I'm now not sure if I had two copies of this and sent one in or not.

Should I pay the fee to day and let them send the paperwork onto the Visa Section? If I haven't sent it in will they refuse the application straight away or will they request the missing paperwork first?

I think that was something they only put on site in the last day or two so they should make exceptions for people who have already sent in their applications. They'll probably request at some stage but shouldn't mess with your app.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

Wait, do we all need to get a medical examination ?

leggit wrote: »
    I think that was something they only put on site in the last day or two so they should make exceptions for people who have already sent in their applications. They'll probably request at some stage but shouldn't mess with your app.

Cheers for that. Puts the mind at ease a bit. Now to sit back, wait and hope nothing goes wrong.

They seem to be moving along quite quickly with the applications this year. Although it could be just luck of the draw with who they have processing your paperwork.

DaveDaRave wrote: »
    Wait, do we all need to get a medical examination ?

No, apparently you only need to get one if you lived certain countries for more than 6 months within the last year or if you are planning on working in certain areas (health, childcare, etc..).

They have a list of the countries here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/dcl.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

do we still have to send that form and just tick "No"

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

DaveDaRave wrote: »
    do we still have to send that form and just tick "No"

Yep

Wait, what form is this?

It wasn't in the 8 step process a couple of days ago when I sent my application in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Regards the police certificate, is it one that you get from your local garda station or do you have to apply to the vetting unit in Thurles? Thanks

Regards the police certificate, is it one that you get from your local garda station or do you have to apply to the vetting unit in Thurles? Thanks

You have to go to your local Garda station for the police cert. You generally have to write a letter to the Chief Superintendent requesting it and leave that letter into the station. I think all the info for getting it, as well as what to write and the name of your local C. Superintendent is on the Garda website.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

the one from the local garda station.
    and as much as the guards might try and fob you off saying you need the vetting one, insist that you dont (had this happen to me by some arse who couldnt be bothered doing it himself)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 scad8585

Hey everyone, is anyone in the same boat as me, I received a receipt for my application on 22nd dec, on website it states 1st come 1st serve to the applications, my WTN is in top 15 , my friends however is in the 30s , he has paid and received email saying he will now wait intill he hears about whether or not he will receive a letter of introduction. So stressful!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

scad8585 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, is anyone in the same boat as me, I received a receipt for my application on 22nd dec, on website it states 1st come 1st serve to the applications, my WTN is in top 15 , my friends however is in the 30s , he has paid and received email saying he will now wait intill he hears about whether or not he will receive a letter of introduction. So stressful!

How is that stressful? There are 3000 places left, as long as you pay up and meet the criteria you will get a visa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 scad8585

How is that stressful? There are 3000 places left, as long as you pay up and meet the criteria you will get a visa.

Its stressful as I haven't heard nowt ! And he is allready waiting for letter of introduction, I'm still waiting for the conditional acceptance email, so there 1st come 1st serve policy is a load of ****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

There are hardly 2,000 places gone already?

I'd be surprised if 100 people had pulled all the stuff together and sent it in yet

Also - Guy who is stressed out needs to relax, there really is nothing to worry about

Advertisement