Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    There are hardly 2,000 places gone already?

I'd be surprised if 100 people had pulled all the stuff together and sent it in yet

Also - Guy who is stressed out needs to relax, there really is nothing to worry about

No, there's 5,349 places gone already and if you haven't heard anything yet you haven't got your visa.

Royal Rumble organised in Phoenix Park next weekend, last man/woman standing gets the last visa....

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

leggit wrote: »
    No, there's 5,349 places gone already and if you haven't heard anything yet you haven't got your visa.

Royal Rumble organised in Phoenix Park next weekend, last man/woman standing gets the last visa....

I'm sorry now, but you can't have women in the Royal Rumble. Heresy :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Jimmmy McNulty

Where did you get that figure from?
    How is that stressful? There are 3000 places left, as long as you pay up and meet the criteria you will get a visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Whoops, meant 5,000 places! Sorry if I gave anyone a fright. You can see the remaining visas on the IEC Ireland website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Eoghan_2 wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been convered but theres a fair amount to trawl through and may have missed it.

Can I apply for this from Australia, on my 2nd WHV over here which ends in September and have no intention of properly living in Ireland. Obviously need police checks and all but is that possible without phyisically presenting myself at a station in Ireland?

If I can apply I'm right in saying I've 12 months from acceptance to enter Canada? so apply, get visa in Feb or March then off to Asia for a couple of months in September, home in time for Christmas 2012 before heading off on this visa around Febuary next year wouldn't be an issue?

See people talking about their second Canadian visa's, is that just a case of same process again the following year and activating same as the first one? Limited to two 1 year visa's I presume?

Anyone? Particularly for the first part about applying outside Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

in order: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Thanks, also if I apply now I'll have been in Ireland for 18 months in the last 3 years, obvioulsy by the time my second year here finishes in September I won't satisfy that requirement. As long as I apply and am granted before that time it won't be an issue correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

correct

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

leggit wrote: »

...thank jebus i just got my ebay numchucks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

MEDICAL FORM:

For those like myself who sent in their applications before the Medical form was added to the list of requirements, I emailed the IEC and they got back to me saying that our applications will be processed as normal and they'll send out a request for the medical form in due course.

So, nothing to worry about regarding delays or anything because of this particular issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭scooby2791

Where did you get that figure from?

His numbers were a bit off, there is 5,312 left as of the 5th of this month. Tis on the right hand side of the website in a little grey box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Wadju

Anyone know if they send you an email confirming they've received your payment? I paid the fee yesterday but have yet to hear anything. I emailed the PDF to the email address they gave and got the generic reply but no confirmation of payment yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackwigan

For those of you who sent off your documents did ye have to separate your passport size photos or is it ok to leave them together??

This is probably a stupid question, but just say the employer advertises your position and gets 100 responses for your job? What then? Does that mean you haven't a hope of an LMO? I'm assuming that when they advertise the job those granting the LMO is going to want to evidence that nobody who applied is skilled enough? How does that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Tsukimi

@Wadju :

I also paid them but haven't gotten any form of confirmation, though I believe bank transfers can take a few days to go through, should hopefully have something by Monday?

Also, when you were emailing them the form that they needed - did you print it out, sign it, scan it in and send it? Or did you just send the unsigned form?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 speri_mental

Hey guys, got a question about the application and declaration form. In the port of entry section i accidently clicked on the wrong port. I have validated and printed out the form with the wrong port on it. After seeing this mistake I reprinted just this page with the right port. But I now have two different reference numbers in the one form.

Anyone else have this problem? I have just written a note on the appropriate page explaining my boo boo but Im thinking I should re submit the whole form?? I dont wana send it off knowing its not 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Grrr still waiting on BoI to send me some code so I can add the IEC folk to my beneficiaries so I can pay them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Wadju

Tsukimi wrote: »
    @Wadju :

I also paid them but haven't gotten any form of confirmation, though I believe bank transfers can take a few days to go through, should hopefully have something by Monday?

Also, when you were emailing them the form that they needed - did you print it out, sign it, scan it in and send it? Or did you just send the unsigned form?

I just attached the unsigned copy I had saved on my computer to the email, but I changed the file name to my WTN number.

I'm beginning to think I screwed up my payment. I just went into my local AIB and paid cash into their account. I put my name down as the payee and my WTN number down as well. Surely that should work!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Willowinie

Hi,
    Just received a email stating I applied "under the wrong initative"

Anyone know what this means? I applied under my own steam, ie not through a third party like usit, and in one of the app's it askes through which you are applying, i picked "None"

Maybe this is where i went wrong, Can anyone help?

Looks Like i will have to apply again? bummer!

C

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Jimmmy McNulty

token101 wrote: »
    This is probably a stupid question, but just say the employer advertises your position and gets 100 responses for your job? What then? Does that mean you haven't a hope of an LMO? I'm assuming that when they advertise the job those granting the LMO is going to want to evidence that nobody who applied is skilled enough? How does that work?

If that happened, you would have to adjust the numbers as they will never believe that there is nobody skilled enough out of 100 applicants. I believe is it unrealistic to expect such a big number! I worried about the same thing but I only got approx 30 applicants after the 14 day advertising period.

I'd be surprised if they asked to see who applied. The key is to be vague enough in your application. Say that there were a couple who met a number of crtierion but that they didn't tick all the boxes or say they were too qualified and that their pay demands couldn't be met when it came to an offer...

Hope that helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 JCJames

Hey all, I am new to this forum so first of all hello :)

Having googled a wealth of questions regarding the IEC, this forum seems to be full with like minded people!

I am currently in the process of gathering application documents for this year's IEC. Awaiting (for a while now) police checks from both USA & OZ. Hurry up please!

Emailing the London embassy can take days for a reply, sometimes you don't get one so here goes...

- I am planning to travel on a tourist visa to Canada within the next month.
    - As a UK Citizen, I am going to get my father to post my IEC app once my police checks have arrived.
    - I will request my Letter of Introduction via email and sort that out in Canada when the time comes.

Question: If I make my father my representative (so he can take care of postage and any other request made during the application process) will the Canadian embassy contact him in cases of business and not me? Or is he more of a backup incase I cannot deal with such tasks.

Any help or thoughts is much appreciated. It's a fair mission getting this visa to say the least!

If that happened, you would have to adjust the numbers as they will never believe that there is nobody skilled enough out of 100 applicants. I believe is it unrealistic to expect such a big number! I worried about the same thing but I only got approx 30 applicants after the 14 day advertising period.

I'd be surprised if they asked to see who applied. The key is to be vague enough in your application. Say that there were a couple who met a number of crtierion but that they didn't tick all the boxes or say they were too qualified and that their pay demands couldn't be met when it came to an offer...

Hope that helps

Well I was just curious really, getting far, far ahead of myself. Have to get the IEC visa first like before I even go over and attempt to get a job!! We'll cross that bridge at the time but I was just wondering.

Thanks for the reply though!!

Willowinie wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just received a email stating I applied "under the wrong initative"

Anyone know what this means? I applied under my own steam, ie not through a third party like usit, and in one of the app's it askes through which you are applying, i picked "None"

Maybe this is where i went wrong, Can anyone help?

Looks Like i will have to apply again? bummer!

C

The very first box on one of the forms has International Experience Canada as the initiative. It's the IEC visa you're looking for so that's the one.

hello JCJames. Welcome to boards, im a newcomer too, simply because I couldnt get enough info about the IEC from anywhere else!

I emailed them in London about going to canada as a tourist while waiting on my application and they said that was all fine. You just need to re enter canada (drive down to the states or something) with your letter of approval.

I got my aussie police check after about 4 weeks. And that was over xmas so it should be a bit quicker for you at this stage.

As for the third party rep, im not 100%. I gave them my home address and contact info (eventhough im hoping to get over there in the next 3 weeks) but i think they prefer to contact you by email. You've probably seen this already http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/third_party_representatives_policy-politique_representants_tierces_parties.aspx?view=d

hope that helps. Its a nightmare trying to get everything perfect! the aussies know how to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JCJames

Hey Speri_mental,

many thanks for your quick reply! i didn't see that page on the IEC webby before so cheers for that. It is a total godsend to hear that someone is also in a very similar boat! Sent the OZ check last week and the FBI over Christmas, which takes longer I know, but I've done my part at least.

As for heading to Canada on a tourist visa that's good news too. Still awaiting for a confirmation email from London just to be safe, will print that off to take with me. I've put my father as a representative, just incase he needs to sign anything on the UK side during the app process. But from the link you sent it seems I will be the one getting emailed first, and it's upto me to decide whether I use my rep or not.

I myself am heading to Vancouver/Victoria, and will be using this website to gain proof of exit (this is a requirement when entering as a tourist). It's a ferry over to Seattle, one of the cheapest and easiest ways rather than having to spend way more on an open return flight.

If you don't mind keeping in touch and up to date that would be great.

For sure this is harder than Oz... Oz is like monopoly, pay $200 and pass go!

That boat trip looks great, thats all ya need! Im hoping to go road tripping to the states (il be living about 9 hours drive away) then re enter over the border with my letter. I need to look into it a bit more though. Im not sure if I need a tourist visa to enter the states...

Im going to get a return flight because its almost cheaper than a one way! Will be booking with gohop.ie . You should check them out if you havent booked already.

Sounds like you're on top of things anyway. Il be printing out that email I got from London aswel to lower the chance of them screwing me over! :P

Keep us updated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

Just got an e-mail requesting payment... How do they know who the payment is coming from... there doesn't seem to be anything about leaving a reference... Do I just put my name as the reference?

Also...

If I get the visa in a month or two... so let's say I get the visa the end of February, what's the story with using it... Can I decide I want to wait until May to move, and does the 1 year visa begin in May?

Thanks ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Willowinie

C[/QUOTE]

The very first box on one of the forms has International Experience Canada as the initiative. It's the IEC visa you're looking for so that's the one.[/Quote]

Hey Token101,

Can't understand this, I picked that from the drop down menu on my application.

Can see why they rejected app under wrong initiative.

Are you allowed to apply without the aid of Usit etc,

Thanks for reply

C

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

Yes you can apply without the aid of USIT or anything... just by yourself (that's the way I did it)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Just a quick question. On the IEC Application and Declarations Form (2012) on the IEC Recognised Organisations part do we leave Recognised organisation as None?

Advertisement