Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to advertise guitar lessons?

• 19-12-2011 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm about to start offering guitar lessons for beginners, I've got a whole module worked out, a website up and running and flyers made up but now that it comes to advertising i've one problem...

...I've no idea where to start distributing leaflets etc.

I can pop a few flyers up on notice boards in supermarkets but I'm not sure where else, I'm thinking maybe libraries, community centres and the like but I'm limited in the amount of flyers I can afford to print up so I don't want to waste time and money just throwing them around.

So I thought I'd check with you guys to see if any of you with experience of this found any avenue which was particularly fruitful in terms of generating interest?

Thanks for any feedback on this!
    C.

Ps. Mods i wasn't sure if i should post this here or on bands and musicians so please feel free to move if it's in the wrong place - thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭caesura

Any thoughts at all on this?
    Thanks,
    C.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭Rigsby

You could advertise on :

www.adverts.ie and www.gumtree.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭caesura

Rigsby wrote: »
    You could advertise on :

www.adverts.ie and www.gumtree.ie

Cheers Rigsby, have you used adverts or gumtree? And if so how did you find them in terms of generating interest?

I'll certainly put posts up in both places too but I'm mainly wondering where would be the best places to distribute my flyers?

caesura wrote: »
    Cheers Rigsby, have you used adverts or gumtree? And if so how did you find them in terms of generating interest?

I'll certainly put posts up in both places too but I'm mainly wondering where would be the best places to distribute my flyers?

Yes. I have used both, with some success. You have certainly nothing to lose by trying them. As for the fliers, another place you could try is music shops. I have seen notice boards in some shops with guitar lessons and such like, pinned onto them. Libraries and community centres are good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭paligulus1

Is it OK with the mods to put your web address here in Playing &Techniques & Theory?!! People sometime post here looking for lessons.

• Advertisement

paligulus1 wrote: »
    Is it OK with the mods to put your web address here in Playing &Techniques & Theory?!! People sometime post here looking for lessons.

Seeking or offering lessons is not allowed on the forum. Take a look here :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054848669

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭paligulus1

Oh right!!!

caesura, please instantly ignore my suggestion!!!

don't underestimate word of mouth, stick something up on facebook and spread word of mouth. Getting lessons with a stranger is kind of awkward, so it would be kind of better if then know you a bit,

Cheers

Advertisement