Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is SquareEyes now?

Options
  • 19-12-2011 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

In another thread somebody posted recently that SquareEyes was going to relocate. They seem to have done so now.
    Tried to pop in today to get vouchers for my sons and found that they are gone :( no sign on the door where to). Does anybody know?
    My sons just love the place!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

the www.squareyes.com URL relocates to here now. Must be the same guys I suppose?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

They have moved to a new premesis on Dominic street, on the same side as the Roisin. I think they have renamed to Gamespace but not 100% sure on that. If you head down to Dominic street you can't miss them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I passed it a week back. It looks like it's in the same place as an old gaming shop that was there for a long time. I heard the special opening promotion is €3 an hour (it was €5 an hour in Square Eyes).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Pen Rua wrote: »
    I passed it a week back. It looks like it's in the same place as an old gaming shop that was there for a long time. I heard the special opening promotion is €3 an hour (it was €5 an hour in Square Eyes).
    I never paid a fiver an hour there. They usually have some promotion on or the orange bulk buy discount card.

I have to say that for a business based on gaming, their embracing of technology to promote the place isn't very good.

Website never updated and no word about them moving online. I wouldn't even know they had moved if it wasn't for someone I know said he overheard somebody talking about it in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ger McDonogh

Cant
    I never paid a fiver an hour there. They usually have some promotion on or the orange bulk buy discount card.

I have to say that for a business based on gaming, their embracing of technology to promote the place isn't very good.

Website never updated and no word about them moving online. I wouldn't even know they had moved if it wasn't for someone I know said he overheard somebody talking about it in there.

• Advertisement

Cant
    Great to see Sq eyes have moved to Dominick Street. Better location. Great opening offers. well dont to them. this is needed....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

what was the reason for the move?
    I liked the old location.

If i remember from the old gaming place that was on dominick street it is very cramped.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

A) not sure but I'd say economy?
    B) So did I, very underground vibe! (sorry!(
    C) As I said not been in the place, but in [ii] I got the general feeling they were very aware of customer comfort, as in not packing more machines in than the space could handle, comfortable chairs etc. I can't imagine they have changed their vision that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

what was the reason for the move?
    I liked the old location.
    I did too, couldn't have been more central. Don't quote me on this but I heard that leaks from upstairs caused problems at times. That may or may not be true though.
    If i remember from the old gaming place that was on dominick street it is very cramped.
    Was in there maybe 3 or 4 times. One of them coincided with a schoolkid infestation. That was fine but the place was so cramped that every little fúcker going past me was swinging the swivel chair back and over. This every minute or two while trying to play COD or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Eogcloud

I worked there, sad to see it gone.

• Advertisement

Square eyes have relocated to Dominick Street beside the Roisin Dubh. Its now called Gamespace.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Cant
    Great to see Sq eyes have moved to Dominick Street. Better location. Great opening offers. well dont to them. this is needed....:)
    Square eyes have relocated to Dominick Street beside the Roisin Dubh. Its now called Gamespace.....:)

Hmmm..... only three posts and all on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I think McDonogh is trying to tell us Squareeyes has moved to Dominic street :D
    Ger, you work for them don't you?
    Tell us more about the "Great opening offers".

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

I like the fact that it's a little more cramped. The place in Eyre Square was so big that you quite often didn't speak to anyone in the next room.

Here there are 20 or more people all in the same room so it sparks a lot more lan games rather than everyone just playing their own thing. It's a lot more social, much prefer it ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

biko wrote: »
    I think McDonogh is trying to tell us Squareeyes has moved to Dominic street :D
    Ger, you work for them don't you?
    Tell us more about the "Great opening offers".

:D I can assure you that Ger does not in any capacity work for them.
    I, however, still pull the odd shift on weekends/holidays to let people have days off etc, though it's really only on a casual basis I work there now.
    Gamespace on Dominic St is the new Squareyes. As cool and comfy as the basement was, it just wasn't filling up any more - everyone came in on the same 4-hour block on the same days, and the lack of repairs to the roof resulting in too-frequent floods from Subway was I think also a factor (4 times in the 2 years I was there - you can imagine the cost).
    I'd have to say, the location could be bigger, but it's much better placed with all the schools nearby, and GTI & NUIG a stones throw away. Might get some more weekday business now instead of being quiet all day and then jammed and turning people away from 3-7pm every Saturday.
    From my own point of view it's a lot easier to deal with as one person :p No more little scrotes sloping in the back door and messing, or thinking if they sit up the back/upstairs they can act the bollix or teenage couples trying to find a dark corner to ride in, or pegging it upstairs every 30 seconds because ' the computer is broken' only to find out they either didn't move the mouse or put any money in.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Sols12

I bought a saver rate card about a week before they moved. Is this still valid at the new place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

Sols12 wrote: »
    I bought a saver rate card about a week before they moved. Is this still valid at the new place?

Yes, we're not selling new ratesavers, but remaining ones and premium cards are still usable at the new place until they're phased out. I'm not sure how long that'll be though - Ronan'd be the man to ask about that.

Advertisement