Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cafes in Dublin

Options
  • 19-12-2011 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for some nice cafes in Dublin along the lines of the Queen of Tarts, any ideas for me? I like cosy little places with home made food.

Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Cake Cafe, through Daintree paper shop on Camden Street

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

cosmic wrote: »

This was the first thing to come to my mind also!

If you haven't been there... you must :) A hidden gem.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

The loving spoon. North Frederick Street

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

Thanks for that. If you're ever in Strandhill check out
    http://www.shellscafe.com/ great little place. If I find anywhere else I'll post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭floorpie

cosmic wrote: »

Funny enough, considering the name of the place, i never thought their cakes were very nice. They've been dry any time i've gone. Their savoury food, on the other hand, is quite nice. It is cool how tucked away it is though.

It's not quite what you're looking for, but if you're even vaguely into your coffee, you should try the place in Twisted Pepper on Abbey St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 bmoregan

Similar kind of request but different...
    Is there a quiet café in the city centre where they don't do piped music. Decent coffee and wifi a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

bmoregan wrote: »
    Similar kind of request but different...
    Is there a quiet café in the city centre where they don't do piped music. Decent coffee and wifi a bonus.

Simons place on georges street, but Wifi is temperamental at best, head for the basement if you wanna just have a quiet sit down for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Always liked the Pepper Pot on the first floor of Powerscourt Shopping Centre.
    Great for people watching. Nice food. Portions are generous. Waitresses have
    mostly been there a while, so they know the menu. You get a mix of china and
    tea in a big china tea pot, which is always a laugh. Not sure if there's free wifi.
    Someone else might know. Usually a chilled out vibe there.
    Pleasant change from Starbucks et al ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Brother Hubbard on Capel Street. Amazing homemade sandwiches, cakes, scones and coffee (3fe coffee - hasbean)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 manciuria

Il Valentino in Pearse St Dublin...close to the Gran Canal Theater

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

manciuria wrote: »
    Il Valentino in Pearse St Dublin...close to the Gran Canal Theater
    Service was absolutely shocking the one and only time I've been there. I won't be going back.

Advertisement