Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How UPC Use Boards.ie to annoy the s**t out of their customers

• 19-12-2011 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

So, I posted on here almost two weeks ago, give or take a day, on my house move and how UPC were not available in my new house. The original reason I was given was they needed to upgrade the lines and a neighbor had blocked this. I was pretty frustrated as UPC's products are good and my experience with other providers was always quite poor. I should add, my experience with UPC is their customer service is awful, but if their product works, you are fine.

After that post I was contacted here on boards by someone working for UPC who said I was misinformed and I could get broadband in my new place. They had found a new route into our place. I was pretty happy. I had already ordered from another provider because I work online and not having broadband costs me money. Not having much faith in UPC to get information correct on the first attempt, I wanted to triple check this was correct.

I rang UPC 5 times over the next couple of days. As per usual experience with UPC, I always spoke to a different person, they rarely tracked information from my last call with them, so I had to explain my situation over and over again. I managed to get the above information (that I could get broadband) confirmed by 3 people, including a technician. I nearly begged one of them to ensure this was 100% right as I would need to cancel the other provider who I had ordered from. Got it confirmed. I would add, I had to get onto their house move department again because the first person didn't actually do anything after my call, they didn't know I was moving. Typical useless UPC.

After moving in, my UPC broadband didn't work. I actually wasn't surprised. Companies like Zappos work to delight their customers, UPC seem to make an effort to totally p*ss them off. I got a technician out. He said you need to drill a hole into the outside wall and bring a cable in. Fine, let's do it. He booked a crew to come out on the Wednesday to do it.

The crew come out on Wednesday, for which my girlfriend took a half day off work for. They don't know what they are there for. They asked what's the problem and she explained what the last technician said. They tell her this is all wrong and they need to upgrade the external line (see where this is going). They said it would be no problem and would take 5 days.

I ring their customer support asking could I speak to a manager. I explain I just want an answer, can I get broadband or should I order someone else. The guy on the phone (I will refrain from pointing the finger at employees in there as it's more than likely company processes/systems for their total inability to provide any level of service, but this guy wasn't very interested in the issue) said you can get broadband, no problem, just need to upgrade the line. Wait 5 days and it will work.

I get a call today to say they had to upgrade the line and a neighbor is blocking it. I mean, what the f*ck goes on in there. I don't understand how a company can be so incompetent. The above doesn't contain half of the other s**t that I had to put up with. Like ringing them 4 times to give them my girlfriends mobile as she would be the one to let their technicians into the house, guess who they called when in a meeting, yes me. Why can't they keep tracking of anything !!!

They managed to take a customer who was annoyed he couldn't get their product, due to no fault of their own, to someone who is thinking about getting sky so I never have to deal with them again (already got another bb provider).

Truly awful customer service.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ArtXus

Omg... I feel your pain.... I just hope that the new BB provide is working fine....

• Registered Users Posts: 33 matthewpov

Amazing what you went through, definatly a waste of time talking with them.

Advertisement