Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snakes at vodafone downgrading BB packages

• 19-12-2011 7:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭

Got a call the other day from some guy at Vodafone who could barely speak English offering me a discount on my 8mb package for being such a valued and loyal customer. A single euro a week it turned out to be, whoop-di-doo!

Anyway I took it regardless but asked if my package will in any way be changed, specifically the speed.

I was assured it wouldn't, I asked him a second time, 'package will stay the same' I was told.

Lo and behold I log into my router this evening as things seem kind of sluggish and I've been downgraded to a 6mb package.

Rang customer care immediately, was transferred to tech support.

"We can't change you back, you'll have to speak to customer care"

Transferred to customer care, was left hanging for almost twenty minutes.

Rang a second time, explained the situation and some bint tried to tell me my new package is "better". I made it quite obvious it wasn't, I didn't want it, I wanted my old 8mb package back, she asked me to hold, I did and was cut off.

Rang them again and got onto some argumentative prick who told me I've never had anything above a 5mb package (?!?) but he'll run a few line tests for some reason. Hold the line for a moment I was asked, I was cut off.

I'll be ringing them again at 9am tomorrow morning to tell them that they can basically go f*ck themselves.

I don't have much time for them, but at least you know where you stand with eircom who I'll now switch to instead (and get a 12mb package for pretty much the same price as Vodafone were charging for my 8mb alternative).

Just a warning to any of you who may get some two faced Vodafone muppet ringing you over the next few days/weeks.

Thanks guys, been with you for years, you got thousands of me between phones, mobiles and internet, you won't anymore.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

When you calm down and stop with the abusive language, start a thread in the Vodafone support forum, where the reps will look into the situation for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement