Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

setting up voicemail

Options
  • 19-12-2011 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

when i dial 171 for eircom to set it up it says please dial the number of the person you are calling any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

sgbrady wrote: »
    when i dial 171 for eircom to set it up it says please dial the number of the person you are calling any help

Is this on an eirrcom landline? If so, I dont think you need to dial 171 like you do for mobile. You just lift the handset and wait a few seconds until it connects to the voicemail service and then set it up following the instructions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

171 is used for Voicemail on eircom, UPC, blueface etc too it's mandated by Comreg as a standard.

That announcement you're getting means the service is not switched on i.e. there's no mailbox.

Call eircom or, whoever your landline provider is, and get them to activate voicemail.

1901 helpline can activate voicemail for you automatically, without speaking to an agent, but you will need your account number handy too to confirm your ID.

Then you can call 171 and set it up. It usually gets setup for you in <24 hours, sometimes straight away.

The default pin, which it will force you to change, is 1234 or 0000.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Johneeee

Thanks Solair - that did the trick! :)

Advertisement