Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple tv loss of picture

• 19-12-2011 7:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. I picked up an apple tv on weds jail broke it and installed xbmc and nitoTV without any problems. Was working fine all weekend then when I went to use it today I'm not getting any picture. It flashes up occasionally for a second but then goes again. The hdmi cable is fine as I used it with something else and it's handshaking with the tv as I can see the 720p/60 up in the left top comer. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

Try a reboot. Could be having an issue with the handshake. Press and hold the menu and play buttons together on your remote, for a few seconds, until the white light on the front of the ATV2 starts blinking. Release the buttons and it will do a full reboot. You should see a large Apple logo appear on your tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Just tried that and it reboots alright abs I am still just getting the black jumpy screen with flashes of the picture. Looks like I'll have to bring it back.

Advertisement