Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broken filter

Options
  • 19-12-2011 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭

Changing the water a little while ago I noticed the filter didn't come back on when I plugged it back in. However I didn't notice if it was working before I took the plug out :o I'm pretty sure it was working last night anyway. (and yes I did switch it on ;)).

It's a Juwel rekord 60l with a built in filter. In it are 3 mollies, 2 zebra danio, 4 serpae tetras and a (small) pleco.
    I'm going away in the morning so realistically won't be able to do anything about this til Thursday. Will they be ok for a couple of days with todays water change? I have a water stone I can add to help a bit.

If I need to get a new filter any suggestions? Heater seems ok or rather the water temp seems ok so I assume the heater is working.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Pretty sure you can just get a new power head for most Juwel filters...

Are you sure it's not just clogged with waste/algae? The impeller (the fan bit) can get stuck quite easily if the filter's not being rinsed every so often...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Sleepy wrote: »
    Pretty sure you can just get a new power head for most Juwel filters...

Are you sure it's not just clogged with waste/algae? The impeller (the fan bit) can get stuck quite easily if the filter's not being rinsed every so often...

Ha! Cheers Sleepy :) I just took it all apart, rinsed it all out thinking "no, nothing clogged here, all in order" but just decided to test it out again afterwards and lo and behold it's working again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

good shout, always worth doing that, has worked for me a couple of times.

I do remember taking mine out once to find a clown loach had wriggled in and had got half-decapitated in the impeller :(

Advertisement