Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arkopharma today

• 19-12-2011 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what happened out in Arkopharma on the estate today. For those who don't know it, it's across from John Kelly's Opel garage on the Cork Rd.
    When I passed about half 3 there were 3 fire brigade and the guards had the entrance to the estate blocked. Passed again at half 5 and the fire brigade were still there but the cops were gone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

The fire engines arrived soon after 1PM and by 2:30 the Gardai were blocking access to the estate, directing people to one of the other entrances, describing the road as a 'scene' that had to be sealed off. There was a smell of smoke in the air but no visible smoke or flames from the factory.

All was quiet at 5:25, no fire brigades or gardai outside the factory, just a few cars in the carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Three fire tenders, not three fire brigades!

A.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

alinton wrote: »

A.
    Fook off with ur correcting me bull****e. Hate this crap. Nothing better to do with urself.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

A.
    A is for ?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

leduke wrote: »
    A is for ?:D

A is for apple.

• Advertisement

not in my alphabet

not in my alphabet
    In my alphabet it's for Asshole

we have the same alphabet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

I worked there many years ago. I hope everything is alright.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note

Its the season to be jolly...

So on that note, lets keep things friendly and calm. If you have a problem, report the post/poster and let the mods look after things. Otherwise, just ignore each other.

Merry Christmas everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭spankadamonkee

Sully wrote: »
    Mod Note

Its the season to be jolly...

So on that note, lets keep things friendly and calm. If you have a problem, report the post/poster and let the mods look after things. Otherwise, just ignore each other.

Merry Christmas everyone!
    In fairness Sully, whats to be merry about? Same ****e goin on at the top. A government that are intent on breaking the poor and keeping the rich, rich. Shower of W***ers. The only difference between this government and the last government is " gael".
    So you will forgive me if i dont wish people a "Merry Xmas" . Instead, I hope you all have the best Christmas you can possibly have considering the circumstances. Rant Over. Someone had to get it and it just hapened to be boards..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Maybe it was three fire engines. not tenders :eek:

Is there a difference? Hell if I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

A brigade generally means a group of men in an orderly fashion, commanded by an officer...

A fire Tender is: A fire apparatus, fire engine, fire truck, or fire appliance is a vehicle designed to assist in fighting fires by transporting firefight...

However when common usage of a term changes the meaning it becomes acceaptable under the oxford dictionary of defintions to use the wording as a new meaning.

But in this case its correct to say 3 fire brigades as they were 3 units denote a party, gang or BRIGADES.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Surely there would be one brigade attending then not three.

Each engine / tender is in itself a brigade by the true definition, you have several brigade called out, it happens that we call the the plural the same as the singular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I had six chicken brigades in Mc Donalds last night with bbq sauce they were ****e, they wernt even tender ,

Surely there would be one brigade attending then not three.
    Not if one was from Waterford city, one from kilmacthomas and one from dunmore. Then it's 3 different fire brigades.

wellboytoo wrote: »
    I had six chicken brigades in Mc Donalds last night with bbq sauce they were ****e, they wernt even tender ,

ROFL - very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Is this thread still about Arkopharma?!! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

At the risk of going off topic I'd say three fire engines.

• Advertisement

Three fire engines, or tenders. One fire brigade, namely the Waterford fire brigade.

However as was said, if it was a big job you might get Tramore fire brigade, Waterford fire brigade and New Ross fire brigade attending - with several fire engines or tenders each!

I may be a pedant, but not an a$$hole because of it, I don't think!

However - who went off topic? Does anyone know what was wrong there?

A.

for Andy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

wellboytoo wrote: »
    have to agree there uggh, cant beat the spicy manor farm brigades tho with a sweet chilli dip....

However - who went off topic?

I think you will find that was you with your pettiness.

Forgive me, but you see when someone makes a mistake like that, or a grammatical error, or an error in punctuation, I don't think bad of the perpetrator but I fear that others may think he is lacking in intellectual capacity.

So as a good turn I feel it would be kind to point out the error, so that it may not be repeated and the opinion of the perpetrator in the eyes of others should not be damaged further.

A.

Forgive me, but you see when someone makes a mistake like that, or a grammatical error, or an error in punctuation, I don't think bad of the perpetrator but I fear that others may think he is lacking in intellectual capacity.

So as a good turn I feel it would be kind to point out the error, so that it may not be repeated and the opinion of the perpetrator in the eyes of others should not be damaged further.

A.

Come down off ur high horse ya dick

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

cococoady wrote: »
    Come down off ur high horse ya dick

Banned

Really didn't want to do this and I asked that we avoid this ****e.

Seriously, can we not all just get along with sniping at each other?

why not ban the other asshole?

why not ban the other asshole?

Mod Note

Okay, ill just close this thread. If you have a problem with another user, please send one of the mods a PM and we can look into it.

Acting the ass wont get anybody anywhere, regardless of who is right or wrong.

Its an internet forum. Get over it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement