Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help !!! gas heating boiler leaking

• 19-12-2011 9:01pm

Im in a panic, bloody heating problem.

went in to my laundry room earlier, and noticed the walls were wet, with condensation, then I heard some noises from the unit where I turn the heating on, there is water coming out,seems to be from bottom of unit ,

have towels on floor, any ideas as to what it could be from and how much it might cost to get leak stopped. Heating still seems to be working, but I didknock it off.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

IF you have a semi sealed system or auto filling loop it may be wise to turn it off until you can find the leak. I know when the lads installed ours they never piped the blow off safety valve to the outside but simply left the piece of copper at the bottom of the unit.

cubix wrote: »
    IF you have a semi sealed system or auto filling loop it may be wise to turn it off until you can find the leak. I know when the lads installed ours they never piped the blow off safety valve to the outside but simply left the piece of copper at the bottom of the unit.

thanks for your reply :) I have no idea what kind of system it is. But the heating has been working fine all year. Water still seems to be leaking out, can hear it inside the unit.
    I think we'll have to bite the bullett and get a plumber tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Semi sealed I think has a small feeder tank in the attic. In your hot press there may be a half inch copper pipe with a gate valve and non return fitting. The mate had a problem with his potterton last week, something about a fitting into the heat exchanger leaking water.

Advertisement