Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help out with French or Spanish

• 19-12-2011 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi all,

I am a graduate of French and Spanish living in Dublin (BA Hons). I don't get to use these [hard-won skills] in my day job, but would like to use them by way of helping others currently studying either/both, at Junior or Leaving Cert level and even up to 1st/2nd Year University level.

I don't have a teaching qualification [very stupidly and regretfully] but I was required [as part of Masters course t&c] to teach the Commerce & Spanish First Years in UCC during my Masters in Spanish literature.

If there is anyone out there with an interest in picking up the rudiments, improving their oral French/Spanish or struggling in college, I could lend a hand in 2012- won't be charging - Due to lack of formal teaching qualification, I am treating any such interested parties as 'internship'. I just want to see if I could be of help in these tough times.i

Olive K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Whiteman120

Hi Olive K
    Are you still looking to do this? I have a very basic knowledge of French (and i mean basic, despite doing numerous evening classes and listen to countless lingauphone CD and French DVDs) but i think the problem i think was that there was about 15 people in the class and it was only for an 1 ½ hours per week, and most of if was centred around text book reading, as a result of this i think the problem with me is that i have zero confidence in speaking the language ...
    I’m near Dublin City Centre, So if you’re still interested in sharing your knowledge with me please feel free to mail me: Whiteman120@hotmail.com
    Cheers
    Alan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Salut Olive. J'essaye apprendre la Francais mais j'ai un besoin une autre personne pour practice. Je peux lire mais bien sur c'est tres difficile quand je suis seule. Peut vous aider. J'habite a Dublin.
    OliveK wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am a graduate of French and Spanish living in Dublin (BA Hons). I don't get to use these [hard-won skills] in my day job, but would like to use them by way of helping others currently studying either/both, at Junior or Leaving Cert level and even up to 1st/2nd Year University level.

I don't have a teaching qualification [very stupidly and regretfully] but I was required [as part of Masters course t&c] to teach the Commerce & Spanish First Years in UCC during my Masters in Spanish literature.

If there is anyone out there with an interest in picking up the rudiments, improving their oral French/Spanish or struggling in college, I could lend a hand in 2012- won't be charging - Due to lack of formal teaching qualification, I am treating any such interested parties as 'internship'. I just want to see if I could be of help in these tough times.i

Olive K

Advertisement