Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for eggnog. anywhere in dublin sell it?

Options
  • 19-12-2011 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

alchol or not i dont mind. any shops sell it and is there much of a diffrence between it and advocat
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

You could make it, good few recipes out there on the web, it's pretty quick and foolproof and all ingredients can be bought in your local shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

We got a recipe in a book last year and it was really nice. Gonna do it again this year. The recipe is:
    Half fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes
    Add 1 egg, 1 tablespoon of sugar syrup
    2 measures of rum
    6 measures of milk and shake well for 1 minute. Strain into a tumbler and grate some nutmeg on top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

KJ wrote: »
    We got a recipe in a book last year and it was really nice. Gonna do it again this year. The recipe is:
    Half fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes
    Add 1 egg, 1 tablespoon of sugar syrup
    2 measures of rum
    6 measures of milk and shake well for 1 minute. Strain into a tumbler and grate some nutmeg on top.

The whole egg or just the egg white?
    I might try this soon I've always wondered about this stuff.
    I might try make scramblled egg nog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

The whole egg

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Dave_Kilkenny

Id assume there is a serious difference, never had eggnog but advocat is very thick and syrupy, also I'd assume it has a higher alcohol content.

• Advertisement
Advertisement