Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Container for biscuits - gift

Options
  • 19-12-2011 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hello :)

As part of a Christmas present for someone, I'm baking them some biscuits. Generally when I bake for others it'll be to bring to a party or something, and I'll just put the stuff into something like a Roses tin or a lunchbox and bring that back with me. But because this is a gift, I'd like something a little bit nicer for them. Where could I get a nice tin/container that wouldn't break the bank? :) I actually saw a wine box in Dunnes the other day that seemed like it would hold what I wanted and looked pretty airtight to me (Something a bit like this except without the reindeer, and a lot better looking) Would that do the trick, do you think? Sorry for the stupid question, but I'm just a little bit stumped as to how to present this! :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

how about a kilner jar like this http://www.heatonsstores.com/Product/Kilner-Clip-Top-Jar-2-Litre/259125/1403030000 Heatons alos have a nice cookie jar but I guess it depends on your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

I have seen boxes similar to that one in local 2 euro shop as gift boxes for putting bottles of drink in as presents. Would not be airtight though but you could put the cookies in a plastic bag inside if you needed airtight.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Woodies do those kilner jars. And as above I have seen stuff in 2 euro shops which would do the job, some are glass and did seem to have a good seal on the lid.

They are good since they are a gift themselves which will be used again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 disposable

Thanks for the responses :) I actually saw those jars in the 2 euro shop and didn't even think of them, they'd be ideal. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Dunnes are doing Christmas tins as well think there's 3 in one pack of different sizes not sure how much they are 8-10 euro I guess.

2 Euro shop is fab for bits though, couldn't do without their plastic cake carriers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement