Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incorrectly Formatted YouTube tags (boards touch)

Options
  • 19-12-2011 10:33pm

I'm not sure if this has been reported yet, but I'm using boards touch (Opera Mini on Xperia Play) and have noticed this message popping up frequently on people's posts instead of the YouTube video itself. Not sure if its a problem on the boards side or the YouTube side, but perhaps its something to look into?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Well there was something we never figured would cause a breaking change :)

We recently changed the way we handle youtube links on Boards so that in addition to the old way which is:

[noparse]

[/noparse]

The following is now possible:

[noparse]

[/noparse]

Clearly touch is having a heart attack when it sees the newer format of links. Not to worry, we'll fix it up. I never figured this would cause issues with touch, my apologies.

Danny

How long ago was the change made? It doesn't happen with all YouTube videos, just some. It's also been happening for a few weeks now.

touch.boards.ie/thread/2056472247?page=131#post_76085053

I don't think it's possible to select individual posts like you can on the main site, but kudlers post on this page is an example of one that is showing this error.

How long ago was the change made? It doesn't happen with all YouTube videos, just some. It's also been happening for a few weeks now.

The change went live today, but that doesn't mean people could not post in that format before, it just wouldn't show up as an embedded video but may well be throwing errors in touch.

Would you happen to have a link to some threads that are causing issues for you so I can make sure that is the problem :)

Danny

touch.boards.ie/thread/2055259806?page=587#post_75984683

this is a good example as it shows ones that are displaying the error and ones that are showing the video link.

On here the errors are with:
    RichT
    SeantheMan

oh and you lot provide a great service! If only other companies/businesses had as good customer service!

Yes, I see the issues - will get them fixed tomorrow. It's all to do with people not following the old way of putting in youtube links like putting in the full URLs, putting in extra stuff after the video ID etc etc :)

• Advertisement

Paddy ported over the full boards BBcode youtube parser into touch and it's gone live. If you see any more malformed links (that don't work on touch but do on full-boards) then please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement