Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethernet Cable or home plugs upc 100mb

Options
  • 19-12-2011 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

hey guys

I have upc 100mb on a self install and my brand new beast of a desktop in the other room doesnt get over 50mb connection using N protocols so im looking for the easiest way to connect it i.e cheap too.

i haven't used the home plugs but ive heard bad things at times of boarders,

i Stream from my pc and netbooks and laptops to the ps3 and such so ideally id like a good speed to send hd content to the ps3 from the desktop,

Would it be cheaper to get a long Ethernet cable and or just get the home-plugs?

All advice appricated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

The cable will almost certainly be cheaper. It really depends on how difficult it will be to install and how it will look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Zab wrote: »
    The cable will almost certainly be cheaper. It really depends on how difficult it will be to install and how it will look.

And a lot more reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Log-on wrote: »
    Would it be cheaper to get a long Ethernet cable and or just get the home-plugs?

All advice appricated!

I've gone through two sets of homeplugs, have UPC 100Mb and with constant usage they just got too hot and fried.

They are fine for day to day usage, browsing the web etc, but constant streaming / downloading they generated some heat. They cost me about 50euro a go, waste of money.
    Cable it up.

Advertisement