Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

martial arts in Cavan

• 19-12-2011 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hey everybody,

I am new to this so please bare with me. I have recently moved to cavan from dublin. I am looking for some martial arts clubs in cavan. I know there is posts already on this but I am just looking for an up to date info. I am a complete novice. Anything with full contact sparring (kickboxing) and I would be interested in studying something along the lines of jiu jitsu.

If anyone could help out it would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭FlicFlak

The main martial art in Cavan is ShinKen-Do. Its run by Sensei Larry in the Ballyjamesduff area but more schools exist by his students aswell. Its a mix of Aikido, kixboxing, boxing, wing tsun, and jiu jitsu.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 cool hand luke

Thanks Flic Flak,

I started shinkendo classes about a 6 months ago and really enjoy it but the only thing is I wanted to try something with contact sparring because I thought it would really help with shinken-do and I hopefully if I ever have to defend myself.

Plus it doesnt hurt to study a few martial arts

• Registered Users Posts: 5 nOELEE

Hi Folks,
    latest promo video from Larry McQuaid & Shinken-do Ireland in Cavan with contact details:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

I think there's Ninpo in Virginia too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Performance Martial Arts

We have a gym in Navan if that helps you could always drop in to have a look. We are on the Commons Road and we teach Full contact Kickboxing, MMA and Brazilian JiuJitsu. Here is our website,

www.performancemartialarts.ie

Mick

• Advertisement
Advertisement