Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I remember that Christmas in Dublin

Options
  • 19-12-2011 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

It's 6 days away from Christmas day... what are some things to do in Dublin City this Christmas to enjoy the festive spirit?

Last year the market in Merrion Square was quite nice and the food they had there was quite tasty. On Grafton Street, the annual window display can be seen in Bewleys which is always great and catches peoples eyes, there is also a continuation of the display on the top floor, entry is free with a suggested donation otherwise.

So Dublin folk, what things are worth doing and seeing this Christmas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Seeing Bono,Glen Hansard and the lads busking on Grafton Street on Christmas Eve,followed by a few pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Seeing Bono,Glen Hansard and the lads busking on Grafton Street on Christmas Eve,followed by a few pints.

What time does this normally take place?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

musicmania wrote: »
    What time does this normally take place?

I thought this was a one off thing, and that the poster was revering in nostalgia rather than mentioning an event that is happening this Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Has happened it for the past two years anyway,usually around 5 or 6pm at the top of Grafton Street near Stephens Green.I'm in town on Christmas eve anyway so I always take a stroll down to see.Imelda May,Paul Brady,Damien Rice,Luka Bloom and a few others were there too last year.

Think last year it was for The Simon Community.

Advertisement