Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish removal?

Options
  • 20-12-2011 3:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I just moved a couple weeks ago (Grange/Turloughmore), and the people that lived here before us left a load of rubbish out the back... like 12 bags. Is there anyone that will pick up a large load like that? I am calling and setting up regular rubbish removal on Thursday, but don't think they will pick up that amount without charging us a ton of $$$!

Help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

If I were you o.p. I'd tell the Landlord/lady / Agency it is there, and if they don't get someone in to take it away after a couple of days or by arrangement, well, - whatever Collection Company I would be joining, - I'd drop it off there and hand in the Receipt for this as part-payment along with the amount remaining for next Month's Rent, or I'd be reducing it off the Deposit I'd give.

I imagine waste removal responsibility lies with Tenant but if it's there when/before ya move into a new place it may draw vermin and it needs to go lol, and I wouldn't be paying for it.

/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Alanerin218

Thanks for the reply! We have already had the landlord fix loads of stuff since we moved in and we really don't want to be a bother, and stay on good terms with them. I just want it gone lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Just make sure that whoever you do get, has a valid waste permit and the rubbish won't end up at the side of the road somewhere ;) Mention the waste permit on the phone when ringing as there's a lot of people advertising rubbish removal without the permit!

Advertisement