Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom sent me a bill even though I am not a customer

Options
  • 20-12-2011 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I got a bill this morning from Eircom amounting to 141 Euro, even though I am not a customer.

I had been an Eircom customer for 12 years, although after receiving a terrible service where I was been overcharged (I was receiving 6megs of internet on a good day although I was paying for 25megs!) when I recieved my bill at the end of last month, as I received one every 2months in the post, I rang up Eircom to make the ultimatum of speeding up my line and giving me what I was paying for or I was going, but I was informed it was as good as I was going to get and I was basically to suck it up and take it.

I then rang up UPC, the same day that I got my bill from Eircom and they cancelled my Eircom and I got the UPC box from them and hooked it up. On a bad day on a speed test I get 41megs from UPC so it seems the 6megs that I could not better according to Eircom and which they were overcharging me for years was completely wrong.

But to really rub some salt in the wound, I got a bill from Eircom today which is strange seeing as I am not a customer not to mention they only send one every 2 months not every month, the bill amounts to 141 Euro :eek: , its incredible not only where they over charging me for years for a terrible sub standard service but now they want an extortionate amount of money for leaving them ?

Can they do this ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

if you cancelled and got a final bill in the past then check them against each other ( for account numbers etc) .

If you are not a customer as you say then there is no point complaining to eircom ...take it straight to Comreg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

I got a bill this morning from Eircom amounting to 141 Euro, even though I am not a customer.

I had been an Eircom customer for 12 years, although after receiving a terrible service where I was been overcharged (I was receiving 6megs of internet on a good day although I was paying for 25megs!) when I recieved my bill at the end of last month, as I received one every 2months in the post, I rang up Eircom to make the ultimatum of speeding up my line and giving me what I was paying for or I was going, but I was informed it was as good as I was going to get and I was basically to suck it up and take it.

I then rang up UPC, the same day that I got my bill from Eircom and they cancelled my Eircom and I got the UPC box from them and hooked it up. On a bad day on a speed test I get 41megs from UPC so it seems the 6megs that I could not better according to Eircom and which they were overcharging me for years was completely wrong.

But to really rub some salt in the wound, I got a bill from Eircom today which is strange seeing as I am not a customer not to mention they only send one every 2 months not every month, the bill amounts to 141 Euro :eek: , its incredible not only where they over charging me for years for a terrible sub standard service but now they want an extortionate amount of money for leaving them ?

Can they do this ?

Hi Ceatharlach
    I can check the reason for this if you PM me your tel and former account no. If you cancelled contract early this may be a cancellation fee, but I can confirm this.
    Tony

Advertisement