Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 days of XBOX - XBOX Live christmas sale

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

But Calex if the list is right all the Gears stuff is on sale soon. :)
    Or did you already buy the DLC or trade gears in? I'm going to need people for the multiplayer achievements.

Long gone, kind of regret that one now as bizarrely a shooter made it into my top 3 games of the year for like the 1st time ever :eek: , though I think one of my housemates still has her copy so all is not lost

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Well you'd best get your hands on a copy somehow, I plan on conscripting you Batman(Mr Freeze) and one other. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Well you'd best get your hands on a copy somehow, I plan on conscripting you Batman(Mr Freeze) and one other. :p

Me :-)

I have the season pass, and while I've put plenty of hours into this, I'm gonna feel sore when I see the stuff so cheap so soon...

I won't have the Season Pass until the 30th, I'll grab it then even if it doesn't go on sale, but I'd kick myself if I bought it before then and it got reduced. If you're up for it and available at the time you're more than welcome Burning Eclipse. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Any ideas on what price the season pass would be going for? Still pretty active playing this one so count me in for any game nights your planning. Think I've got most of you on my friends list already.

• Advertisement

It will either be 33% off or 50% off. I'm guessing it will be 33% but we live in hope. So either 1600MSP or 1200MSP.

It will either be 33% off or 50% off. I'm guessing it will be 33% but we live in hope. So either 1600MSP or 1200MSP.

Ouch I know a lot of people who already have it will be mighty pissed if it drops that low and justifiably so , that would be 300 points a DLC :eek: I'd say we'll be looking at most 1800 - 2100 range , the Forza pass tomorrow will settle it though I terms of pricing I would guess they will price it the same as the gears one.

In fairness it's been full price for 3 months now. If it's more than 1600 then it's hardly an offer at all. Not on par with all the usual ones anyway. 3 months on 33% off isn't too much of a kick in the nuts to the early buyers. Were I not planning to buy it anyway and was basing my purchase on the sale only then I wouldn't pay more than 1600MSP. I'll keep an eye for the Forza pass tomorrow so, was it 2400 originally too yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Just an fyi, doubt it'll really be of interest to anyone but Fruit Ninja Kinect is 400MSP today, normally 800MSP, a 50% saving

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

i'll be picking up the gears season pass if it's on sale on the 30th. would definitely be up for some multiplayer action too.

GT is under glass if anyone fancies adding me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Speaking of season passes, can you buy these without actually owning the game? I'll definitely be picking up gears at some stage in the new year and if I can get all the DLC cheap now I will! going to get LA Noire as well and that season pass is also on the cheap atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Speaking of season passes, can you buy these without actually owning the game? I'll definitely be picking up gears at some stage in the new year and if I can get all the DLC cheap now I will! going to get LA Noire as well and that season pass is also on the cheap atm.

Yes, you can buy DLC before you buy the actual game. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

1800 for the forza 4 season pass, so 25% off i guess thats not so bad for 6 packs..... €3 per pack...

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ganondorf

for anyone reading through this thread and not being able to see any special 12 days offers on their dashboard then you are probably logged into an Irish account I'm pretty sure this is because a couple of the deals included some indie titles which we can't see from here, but if you read the deals from here and just browse the games area of the dashboard to find the content, you will find that it is at the reduced price for the 24 hour period. just either keep an eye on this thread for people saying whats for grabs and then just browse to find it in the xbl games area.

happy shopping and merry christmas all!

robk24 wrote: »
    1800 for the forza 4 season pass, so 25% off i guess thats not so bad for 6 packs..... €3 per pack...

Should be the same for Gears 3 then. Seems like it's a Gears new year for me then. :)

1800 for the gears pass might be doable alright. Stretch out the life of gears a good bit more for sure. If there's a good few here picking it up I might follow suit and get some games going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I have most of the Gears 3 DLC so if anyone gets the season pass and wants to go for the "Zeta Team, Go!" achievement please add me (GT: Seamarse) as it seems a fairly easy achievement for 75g

I believe I have you in my Friend's list already Seamarse. And djkeogh if you're on live before me you can nick my GT from Calex's Friend's list or I can do the same if I'm online first. I'm a blank canvas DLC achievement-wise so I'm up for all of them. Me and the Missus always play Gears together so I'm always looking for 3.

Yea Ive not touched any of the dlc for this either so would be happy to Chase any of the cheevs. I'll friend you later ace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

with the Forza Season Pass, do you get the November/December DLC free?

• Advertisement

haha, have 1820pts sitting on my account so no need to even buy more points if it drops to the 1800. That's pretty sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

Red Dead Redemption is €22.49 on games on demand.

Not a bad price I think.

jcrowbar wrote: »
    Red Dead Redemption is €22.49 on games on demand.

Not a bad price I think.

All the add on's are half price today also.

Have Seen Red Dead with that Zombie add on in shops around town over the Christmas going for €25ish. I've only bought two games on Demand and I regretted it, ended up buying hard copies too and just deleting the digital ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Gears season pass is down to 1800

Healium wrote: »
    Gears season pass is down to 1800

Downloaded, and downloading DLC as I type this. I even messaged anyone in my friend's list who plays gears telling them it's on offer, I should get a cut of these sales. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

Picked up the Gears Season Pass too. Between this and the Steam sale the wallet is getting a right pounding!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jericho.

I'm after picking up the gears season pass as well. :)

Picked up the season pass as well. Haven't had a chance to download any of the packs yet. Hopefully get some time in over the weekend. Count me in if anyone is sorting out a game night.

• Advertisement

djkeogh wrote: »
    Picked up the season pass as well. Haven't had a chance to download any of the packs yet. Hopefully get some time in over the weekend. Count me in if anyone is sorting out a game night.

I'm guessing a lot of people will be awol with it being new years but I'll be on for either night this weekend. Need those start a private match with 5 friends achievements so we can all rotate. There's 1 for 5 onyx guards in horde too and beating a boss on hardcore etc.

Advertisement