Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting service - notice to old provider ?

• 20-12-2011 11:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to work out what the story is with regard to the notice you have to give to your old provider when porting over from one phone & BB provider to another.

I've checked comreg and they seem to indicate that even when out of the minimum term of your old contract (which I am) you still need to adhere to the notice terms.

While I understand terms and conditions in general I don't understand this bit. If I ring another provider and say I want to move to them, they will initiate proceedings and carry out the porting, but I still have to tell my old provider that I'm moving and pay their remaining month service.

The alternative is to tell my old provider first, and then wait an undetermined period of time for their service to cease, then contact my new provider and tell them I want to move a service which has been ceased (reconnection charges, days or weeks without service, etc . . .)

Or am I over-worrying and the providers don't pull the cancellation terms trick any more ?

z

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

I couldn't find the T&Cs before I posted the above. I've since found them (for U.TV) here - http://www.utvinternet.com/pdfs/ROI_TCs_Dec_2011.pdf

27. Outside your minimum term. If you have completed your minimum term, as outlined earlier in this document, you may leave, without penalty if you are porting and not ceasing your service. You are not required to notify UTV Internet of your intention to leave, although we respectfully request that you do contact us. We will act upon the standard industry process of pending loss and completed loss notifications from our wholesale Supplier to close your account and cease billing. Please note you are liable for any call charges up to the point when your calls transfer to another supplier, or your line is cancelled.

Looks like I'm OK then . . .

z

Advertisement