Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone find that Domino's wedges are always cold?

Options
  • 20-12-2011 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

...or luke-warm at best, and kind of undercooked too, - more soft than crisp

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sextant

Yes!

Supermegafrustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Iskar Jarak

Yep. Get the garlic pizza bread. Way nicer. And garlic butter on the pizza. Omnomnom. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 cyber veg

gave up on the wedges a long time ago. the rare time when a friend might order them i'll try one, but always the same. easily solvable surely.
    other pet hate is when they take a pizza out too soon and it comes a bit underdone and soggy. the cheese should brown a little

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

cyber veg wrote: »
    gave up on the wedges a long time ago. the rare time when a friend might order them i'll try one, but always the same. easily solvable surely.
    other pet hate is when they take a pizza out too soon and it comes a bit underdone and soggy. the cheese should brown a little
    I prefer them like this :D
    Hate crispy pizza :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Have never got a decent box of wedges from them, the garlic pizza bread however is always awesome - just go for that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 cyber veg

maximoose wrote: »
    Have never got a decent box of wedges from them, the garlic pizza bread however is always awesome - just go for that!

yeah I do go for the garlic pizza bread but would just like wedges or decent chips of any sort to mix things up seeing as the garlic bread is a doughy accompaniment to a doughy main.

....anyone tried those new(ish) gourmet garlic bread and the thin base gourmet pizza range?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Wedges are just a bad choice for any takeaway because they don't travel well - they should be crispy on the outside, but because they steam in the box as they're delivered, they're always soggy by the time they get wherever they're going.

Domino's is overpriced muck anyway. But all takeaways suffer from crap wedges. You'd be better off making your own while you're waiting for the pizza to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Honey-ec wrote: »
    but because they steam in the box as they're delivered, they're always soggy by the time they get wherever they're going.
    Yep, and conversely curry travels very well. I expect there is some place in the world that cooks in the delivery van. They should be able to prepare a pizza in the back of a large van and have it cooked by the time they arrive at your house. Just have a generator going like a mobile unit you see at festivals.

Obviously you do not want a deep fat fryer sloshing about but some foods would be done easy enough. Or have some modified enclosed fryer.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

I agree, i can't stand the Domino's wedges. If you are looking for nice wedges, i really like the ones that On The Run sell. They are €2.79 so a bit dearer than the wedges in Spar/Centra but you get a bigger portion! Yum

Advertisement