Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air con regas Letterkenny area

Options
  • 20-12-2011 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭

As the title says, is there anyone in the Letterkenny area doing this and what can I expect to pay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Chambers refridgeration out by Donaghy motorhomes, not sure of the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I priced Chambers 4 years ago to get the air con in my car regassed and although i cant remember the exact price i was quoted i remember thinking "It wasn't that important that i was going to pay that amount for it!" I think it was around 120euro or something like that, it may have come down since then so give them a bell and ask for a quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

CJC999 wrote: »
    I priced Chambers 4 years ago to get the air con in my car regassed and although i cant remember the exact price i was quoted i remember thinking "It wasn't that important that i was going to pay that amount for it!" I think it was around 120euro or something like that, it may have come down since then so give them a bell and ask for a quote.

I've paid €90 (mobile) around Dublin and have seen €140 as the going rate in Meath, so €120 isn't out of the ordinary. Not cheap for what is involved mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

Get thee to Halfords and buy a can of gas and DIY.
    They'll do it for you if you pay extra but tbh I'd google how to do it myself rather than let them near my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    I've paid €90 (mobile) around Dublin and have seen €140 as the going rate in Meath, so €120 isn't out of the ordinary. Not cheap for what is involved mind you.

I was speaking to a guy who used to work for a company in Derry that done it and he was saying that while the gas is expensive, whats used in a cars air con system is less than a litre and only costs a few quid...which means theyre charging extortionate rates for the few minutes labour it takes to do the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Patthecat

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    As the title says, is there anyone in the Letterkenny area doing this and what can I expect to pay?
    I got it done a couple of years ago by thermequip in LK for about €90. Since that I have got the gas in Halfords and done it myself. Much cheaper way to do it as you should get about 3 regas's from one can. I think they are about €50-€60 for can.

Advertisement