Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found a Jack Russell less than 1 year old

Options
  • 20-12-2011 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hello All, we have a Jack Russell that showed up on our door step last week and we can not take care of it. The vet say's that its not chipped, its a female and its less than a year old. The GSPCA is full so the next stop is the pound. If anyone wants a good friendly dog please reply.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

Poor little thing, fair play for looking after her :)
    If you haven't already, might be worth trying Madra to see if they have any space (www.madra.ie)
    cheers,
    lamps

• Registered Users Posts: 42 christg

We've tried all the local shelters and all are full - not sure why, something to do with Christmas I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Please do not bring the dog to the pound. The poor mite will most likely be put down. Have you tried MADRA? They are usually quite good to find a foster place if they are full.
    And try Animals and Pet Issues as well. There is a rehoming section there!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=240

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Put it up on Galway SPCA, Madra, Galway Cat Rescue Facebook page.After that maybe place an ad in the Advertiser

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Superhoops

you never said what area you found the dog

• Advertisement

I've placed photos on Facebook and with the GSPCA and MADRA, I must have forgot to add that it was found in Menlo Galway City. I hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Have you tried East Galway Animal Rescue - posts on Boards as EGAR ?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=70193

Please do not take her to the Pound.

Also put notices in the Vets & phone the Vets further out such as Barna.

Have Madra said that they cannot take her or that they may be able to soon ?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭tiger_cub

PLEASE DO NOT TAKE HIM TO THE POUND, HE WILL BE PTS AFTER 5 DAYS!!!!!!!
    can you afford to put his picture in the advertiser?
    run ads on galway bay fm?
    flyers and posters around the area.
    he's a beauty, some one some where is looking for him i'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

All the rescues are sadly full this time of year, as the pounds all close for Christmas and the dogs will be put down if no one takes them, so they get first dibs and rehoming slows to a crawl at this time of year. MADRA have had to appeal for foster places to get dogs out of the shelter as it's overcrowded already. Could you possibly hang on to the dog until the new year? I'm sure that one of the rescues will be able to squeeze him in after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Pm sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Unfortunately, if you surrender her in to the pound, she can be PTS after 1day. Lost/stray dogs get 5days but AFAIK all the pounds are closing down for Christmas on Friday so she won't get the 5days either way.

Is there any chance you could keep her over the holidays? Shelters should have some space freed up after Christmas.

Well done on taking the little one in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mojocat

christg wrote: »
    Hello All, we have a Jack Russell that showed up on our door step last week and we can not take care of it. The vet say's that its not chipped, its a female and its less than a year old. The GSPCA is full so the next stop is the pound. If anyone wants a good friendly dog please reply.

Thanks[/QUOTE
    She's lovely! Would love to know more about her as we'd be interested in giving her a home.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

If you don't find a home for her soon, PM me and I'll see what I can do. Don't send her to the pound anyway, to many diseases up there that would infect her immediately, leaving her homeless indefinitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭tiger_cub

anyone have an update? have we found the little guys owners/a new home for him?

Well we hadn't planned on getting a dog, but it looks like she's ours now.
    The pound stated that the dog would be put down immediatly, and that wasn't an option - so we are going to pay someone to take care of it during the holidays and when we come back we'll take it to the vet to get fixed and all of the required shots and get a chip inserted. An early Christmas gift I guess. Thanks to everone for your comments and advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Well done! This has made my day. I am sure the little lady will repay you with loads of love!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Glad to hear it's going to be a happy ending. Animals have a habit of becoming family members very quickly, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

christg wrote: »
    Well we hadn't planned on getting a dog, but it looks like she's ours now.
    The pound stated that the dog would be put down immediatly, and that wasn't an option - so we are going to pay someone to take care of it during the holidays and when we come back we'll take it to the vet to get fixed and all of the required shots and get a chip inserted. An early Christmas gift I guess. Thanks to everone for your comments and advise.

Congrats christg and well done its a great story, may you have many happy hours with your new pet.it was a lucky day for her that she came to your house. Happy Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

delighted to hear, and a happy christmas for one little dog this year anyway !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

A really big well done to you OP. If for any reason it doesn't work out then please come back here & someone will help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

This is why I love boards! Among all the crap, there's always a lovely story like this to reignite my faith in humanity!! Fair play to you, christg and congratulations on the new addition to your family. :) Happy Christmas too!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Fair play to you Christg.

What have you called her ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

All's well that ends well. Hope you'll both have a great Christmas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement