Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2143?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Saw that yesterday and very much interested in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Please no :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Please no :(

:confused:

Even though titan mode was thee greatest multiplayer mode an FPS ever saw, there's alot of 2142 haters going around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

I thought 2142 was great. I'd love to see a 2143....but not for another year or two

• Advertisement

It'll take them 2 years to figure how to get the titan working, took loadsa patches to get it going right in 2142. Imagine a destructable titan that gradually falls apart as more and more rockets missiles hit it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Would love if DICE were making this, 2142 was unreal and your right Titan mode was probably the best mode i've ever played. It was just epic jumping out of an exploding titan with team mates

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

2142 was an absolutely fantastic evolution of battlefield. A lot of hardcore BF2 players wouldn't give it the time of day, but personally I think they refined BF2, and merely put it in a futuristic setting.

They had the soldier classes down perfectly, weapons were balanced, graphics were great, maps were epic, and Titan mode was the best thing since sliced bread.

2142 was the last 'proper' beta I recall being involved with, that wasn't just a 'demo' for people to test server stability.

That game really changed a lot from the start of the beta until release.

Loved it, and would LOVE 2143.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Tell me that I am not alone thinking that 2142 had the best theme of all BF games.

Just conjures images of fighting for your life across a frozen wasteland... maybe that's just me...

God i'd give my left nut to be able to pod out of a titan, land on and destroy kittenrescue's heli with it.

• Advertisement

Would lean towards 42 as the best BF. An unbuggy version of that in Frostbite 2 would be nice but WW2 done to death.

Cant see 2143 being being a DLC and fully expect a BF game next october in some form.

Doubt it be BF4 more like BF3 Modern ops.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Would lean towards 42 as the best BF. An unbuggy version of that in Frostbite 2 would be nice but WW2 done to death.

Cant see 2143 being being a DLC and fully expect a BF game next october in some form.

Doubt it be BF4 more like BF3 Modern ops.

BC3 next year, BF4 the year after and so on. They pretty much said they're sticking with a yearly release schedule, and alternating BF and BC (can't remember where I read it, but that's what I believe they're doing).

I don't think they'll release a full spin-off like 2142/3, it will be done more like Vietnam was done for BC2 I'd imagine.

A complete mod, available fairly cheap and as DLC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

BC3 next year, BF4 the year after and so on. They pretty much said they're sticking with a yearly release schedule, and alternating BF and BC (can't remember where I read it, but that's what I believe they're doing).

I don't think they'll release a full spin-off like 2142/3, it will be done more like Vietnam was done for BC2 I'd imagine.

A complete mod, available fairly cheap and as DLC.

I remember reading that EA are going to alternate between BF and MOH year by year so 2143 could be a fall 2013 release

2142 had near 2 million sales, granted only 1 million played it as other like me felt violated :pac:

theres a market for it so wouldnt be shocked if BF3 Future World of War Ops came out next oct.

The end of the 3 consoles will prolly decide whats next.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

2142 was just a ****in epic epic game, man I would love a KRYLOV to noob all them ghey ****in RPG ****heads!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

A lot of hardcore BF2 players wouldn't give it the time of day

Tbh I was one of those players. Wouldn't touch it. I regret that now and regret missing out on it. I would deffo love to see the future setting with the new engine.

Look forward to this.

Advertisement