Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Salmon Spawning

• 20-12-2011 1:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭

Folks, I want to go spot salmon spawning this week in a place I know it happens. MY question is :
    Will the recent rain help, in that the salmon will be able to get up to the spawning pebble beds and they will just continue up river until the water is shallow ?
    OR
    Will the recent rain hinder my chances, because the water in the pebble beds will be too deep for me to see them and they will spawn in that deeper water ?
    I've been told both by fishermen ....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭stevie_b

Do you just want to watch them? I only ask as there have been issues with people taking salmon while they are vulnerable like this - people might be reluctant to give info.

The salmon will be in the system for a while before spawning. Too much rain and the water will be too deep/murky to see much. A calm day after a settled period is what you want.

Advertisement