Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another robbery in Waterford

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Icky Thump wrote: »
    to be fair IT WAS A BIG STORY

who the fn hell would be so low as to do something like that. we can all say waterford is given bad press bla bla bla but this little runt did somethng very petty. im not religious but even i thnk that is pretty low to do such a thing. the statue is in pieces for f'n sake. i hope they had a right laugh anyway because thats all it was yea???

pathetic

Your writing style is comparable to that of James Joyce, in Ulysses. Notable aspects include your flow of consciousness, i.e., everything you thought was written, and your experimental use of punctuation. I particularly liked the use of "bla bla bla" as a form of ellipsis, and your transcription as if in the Waterford dialect. 7/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Where was the crib to be honest I do not like religious symbols out in public view, peoples religion should be kept to themselves. I am very anti religion it is just the cause of so much trouble and would love to see it done away with.

So basically I think this is a non story unless it was in church grounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

The biggest crime of all was that this got more attention than the heaps of robberies of people's homes across the town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭7Sins

Ha the ledgersdabag...not. Can't do anything or leave anyone anywhere without some tardforbrains trying to impress his echelons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

dlofnep wrote: »
    The biggest crime of all was that this got more attention than the heaps of robberies of people's homes across the town.

The house robberies are scary, I would be scared for older members of the family. I hope someone stops them quickly or they break into the wrong persons house.

Comeragh mountains with them for a cuddle :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

deisedave wrote: »
    Where was the crib to be honest I do not like religious symbols out in public view, peoples religion should be kept to themselves. I am very anti religion it is just the cause of so much trouble and would love to see it done away with.

So basically I think this is a non story unless it was in church grounds.

I am also anti-religious, but to be honest I don't see a big problem with a crib as it has evolved into something more cultural and artistic more so than a purely religious icon, in my opinion anyway.

Plus, we also have a big Christmas tree in town (I assume, haven't been home yet). Remember that a Christmas tree is a Pagan icon, and the Bible warns against using one! :D Jeremiah 10, 1-5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yeah I agree. I'm a devout athiest (:P) but don't mind a crib being displayed and don't condone some little scumbag messing with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

to be honest a crib being in public wouldnt offend my non religious belioefs at all. as someone above said it sould be looked at as artistic. i mean if you are so nti religion do you get offended by a church being in view or maybe a cross?? how about the christmas tree?? santa??? presents?? maybe your the one who stole/beat up poor jesus:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Atheist meself. Not anti religious though. If someone is religious its not going to harm me.
    It was a pity the thing was stolen. Whoever done it is a prick.

Advertisement