Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i didnt get enough points to do

Options
  • 20-12-2011 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey guys,
    I didn't get enough points to do DT413 BSc Event Management (Level 8)... i'm in Dit doing a different course. Is it true that if you get good grades in your Christmas and summer exams you can transfer to another course in Dit even if you did not get enough points?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Blackra1n wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    I didn't get enough points to do DT413 BSc Event Management (Level 8)... i'm in Dit doing a different course. Is it true that if you get good grades in your Christmas and summer exams you can transfer to another course in Dit even if you did not get enough points?
    What course are you doing at the moment? If you are in a level 6 or 7 you can progress to most level 8 courses on completion of your cert/ord degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Blackra1n

im doing a level 7 course... but i want to do DT413 BSc Event Management (Level 8) next year in september...... i didnt get enough points for the course...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

There is a direct progression between finishing second year level 6 Business Certificate and starting second year in several level 8 courses including afaik Event Management. I doubt they would simply allow a transfer but the person to ask is yor tutor

• Registered Users Posts: 33 redcortina

Talk to the head of the department and see if you can, I went from a level 6 Higher cert (2 year course) into second year of the degree level 8. You have to fill out a advance entry form that can be found online on the dit website. I've heard of other on different courses transferring as well but it is usually after completion of your diploma.

Advertisement