Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cz 455 thumbhole 17hmr

Options
  • 20-12-2011 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has one, or has any experience of them.
    I was reading a few reviews, and technical details of the rifle, and one thing in particular is puzzling me.
    Cz have only put one locking lug on the bolt, which is incorporated into the bolt knob itself. On the 452's there was a locking lug directly opposite the bolt knob, as well as the one in the bolt knob. Would this single locking lug system have any effects on accuracy?
    I'm asking this because I have a couple of projects in mind for the new year, and one of them would mean getting a rimfire. Since I really liked having a hmr before, it's the caliber I would go for again.
    Thanks in advance for any help ye can give

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭johnfaul

I picked up a copy of Sporting Rifle yesterday which contains a review about these and it was given nothing but praise 3/4 inch groups at 100 yards. I would love to trade my 452 in for one but its giving seriously tight groups as is so I will probly just get a boyds stock for it. I handled one in .22lr in the gunshop and I loved the feel of the thumbhole and the stock overally is quite strong. You wont be disapointed with one , best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

declan1980 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has one, or has any experience of them.
    I was reading a few reviews, and technical details of the rifle, and one thing in particular is puzzling me.
    Cz have only put one locking lug on the bolt, which is incorporated into the bolt knob itself. On the 452's there was a locking lug directly opposite the bolt knob, as well as the one in the bolt knob. Would this single locking lug system have any effects on accuracy?
    I'm asking this because I have a couple of projects in mind for the new year, and one of them would mean getting a rimfire. Since I really liked having a hmr before, it's the caliber I would go for again.
    Thanks in advance for any help ye can give

I've never owned a 452,but I fired my mates one dozens of times and it's a proper tack driver:). I did however finally collect my 455 thumbhole HMR yesterday:D:D:D:D:D:D:D!! I took it out this morning to give her a go and she is SO nice to shoot! As regards accuracy,after a couple of shots get a good zero she was spitting XTP's like lasers!!!:cool::cool::cool:
    If you do decide go for one youe will not be sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

johnfaul wrote: »
    I picked up a copy of Sporting Rifle yesterday which contains a review about these and it was given nothing but praise 3/4 inch groups at 100 yards. I would love to trade my 452 in for one but its giving seriously tight groups as is so I will probly just get a boyds stock for it. I handled one in .22lr in the gunshop and I loved the feel of the thumbhole and the stock overally is quite strong. You wont be disapointed with one , best of luck

Is that this months issue John?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭johnfaul

Longranger wrote: »
    Is that this months issue John?
    Its the january 2012 issue Picked it up in eason's yesterday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

I put a deposit on a cz455 thumbhole 17hmr in Mick Duggan's on Saturday. I called down to poulo6.5 on Saturday morning, and he brought me out to mick's place and introduced me to him.
    I have to say that I was very impressed with his shop. He has some lovely guns down there, and very good hunting gear.
    So, now all that's left is to drop the application in to the guards and wait.

• Advertisement
Advertisement