Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Blue Plastic Bags have doubled in Price.

Options
  • 20-12-2011 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭

Tesco have doubled the price of their blue and green plastic bags to 70 cents from 35 cents. Very surprised yesterday when the girl scanned 3 at Tesco Parnell Street and asked for €2.10.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

What did she say when you asked why they've gone up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

'Alternatives to Disposable Plastic Bags

Alternatives to disposable plastic shopping bags, such as reusable bags are now available in shops. The consumer has changed to using these alternatives. In the grocery sector, disposable plastic bags have largely been replaced by reusable shopping bags
    Plastic shopping bags designed for re-use are exempt from the levy provided the retailer charges at least 70 cent for the bag'

From http://www.environ.ie/en/Environment/Waste/PlasticBags/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I heard about this a few months ago, but I though the the dept of the environment was not going to adopt it.

The extra 35c isnt tax, it just goes to the shop!

What a stupid rule, the DoE could have made a mint if they just added the 22c onto the 35c for the bag, which would be the obvious thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

The Dunnes bag is 70cent and has been for years, can't be a coincidence- must be some advantage to Tesco upping theirs to the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 golfman123

anyone know if i could go into tesco and buy a packet of their blue and white carrier bags as i need a large amount of them thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

golfman123 wrote: »
    anyone know if i could go into tesco and buy a packet of their blue and white carrier bags as i need a large amount of them thanks
    Your best bet would be to contact a local cash and carry and see if they have any plain white carrier bags similar to the Tesco ones. I doubt Tesco would sell you a box of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

golfman123 wrote: »

Aldi do a roll of white carrier bags just like the shopping ones only a bit better quality/thickness, I think it is .99c for 30 we used them for a cake sale recently and they worked a treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 golfman123

thanks i could try aldi but i would like to get hold of the tesco ones in particular would it be worth going in to a tesco store?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

yeah, once you pay tax, you could have as many as you want, cant see a problem, there's 100 in a pack.

only thing is, they have to be scanned in or put in in batches of 11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Agent_99 wrote: »
    Aldi do a roll of white carrier bags just like the shopping ones only a bit better quality/thickness, I think it is .99c for 30 we used them for a cake sale recently and they worked a treat.

Kileen 20pk of pedal bin liners, €1 in dunnes/supervalu

• Advertisement
Advertisement