Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipone 4s - called failed

• 20-12-2011 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

anyone have any issues with their 4s and calls dropping with "call failed" coming up. Had a 3g and an iphone 4 and never had this issue. Ithappens for no reason i can think of. Also not only when i am holding it but when i use the car kit so i dont think its due to my grip

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

brightkane wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

anyone have any issues with their 4s and calls dropping with "call failed" coming up. Had a 3g and an iphone 4 and never had this issue. Ithappens for no reason i can think of. Also not only when i am holding it but when i use the car kit so i dont think its due to my grip

Which carrier are you with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

o2 bill pay

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭focusowner

its not a carrier problem its a widespread problem google it

out of a class of 25 - 5 of us bought the 4s and all had problems

return the phone to apple it will cost you 29 euro for the ups courier service and they will deliver you a brand new 1 in 3 days

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Make sure you are running 5.01 (the NEW version).

Verify that the version is now iOS 5.0.1 (9A406) in Settings > General > About.
    Not 5.01 (9A405)
    I had this issue along will failed texts....replaced my phone and the problem still existed.

The new version of 5.01 came out last week and solved all of my problems.

See here http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

Make sure you are running 5.01 (the NEW version).

Verify that the version is now iOS 5.0.1 (9A406) in Settings > General > About.
    Not 5.01 (9A405)
    I had this issue along will failed texts....replaced my phone and the problem still existed.

The new version of 5.01 came out last week and solved all of my problems.

See here http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766
    how do i install the new version?,when i check for update it says none available!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34 bafled

You have to connect to iTunes and restore the phone for the update

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

bafled wrote: »
    You have to connect to iTunes and restore the phone for the update

Yep exactly what baffled said. Do a restore and it will install the new firmware. Be partient though it's 800mb

Cheers, Restored it and will see how things go,

I had failed texts from time to time also now that i think of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

my last iphone 4 started acting up a month outside the year warranty, it was miss behaving for about 8 weeks prior, missing calls,not connecting , but recieving texts fine, , should have check then but thought it was recieption problems apple stung me for 189 for a replacement, never again, moving to android after jan contract is up to give them ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3 millbyrne

I'm having the same problem its so frustrating I'm on O2 bill pay and they've checked my signal etc and said it isn't them so it must be the phone. I've updated it to the IOS 5.1 hoping it would solve it but its still happening. Phone is out of warranty Any Idea???

• Advertisement

Apple have replaced the phone and its still happening, its not in one place, ie home, can be anwhere, holding the phone on using bluetooth car kit.

Its like it looses all signal, after it fails you are unable to call back as it keeps saying call failed until the signal drops completely and then comes back up and then you can make calls, very frustrating.

what firmware is the new one running ?

i have a friend who had similar issues but since ios 5.1 update everything is fixed and its now the phone it should always have been :D

5.1.1 its running,

its got all its updated and nothing has changed the problem, its frustrating

brightkane wrote: »
    5.1.1 its running,

its got all its updated and nothing has changed the problem, its frustrating

Still using the original sim ? Do u get any issues with sim pin lock ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

I get this after every os update - dropped calls.

Reset network settings (you will lose wifi passwords) - works perfectly for me after that

I'm on O2 as well - must be something to do with their carrier settings

No issues with pins. Will change sim if resetting network doesn't work , cheers for advice

Advertisement