Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Foreign Bank Account from Working Visa

• 20-12-2011 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi there!
    I have recently returned from working abroad in Canada. I have a Canadian bank account that has money that I saved whilst working there.
    Does anybody know if its ok to keep this account open for a few years. I was going to close it but with all this talk of the euro being spit into different currencies I was thinking it may be safer to keep my savings there.
    Responses appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,337 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Aardvark

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Check the terms and conditions for the account, some accounts require you to be resident in order to hold them, some not. From an Irish point of view there is no problem so long as you declare it and pay the related taxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Yeah it may cost MORE to keep it w/o being resident there than your willing to pay!

Anyway,welcome to the site :)

Advertisement