Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgraded Firefox, now my DetailsView border lines are different!

Options
  • 20-12-2011 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just found something that is niggling at me! I have a detailsView on some of aspx pages on my website. Before I upgraded my Firefox version, the DetailsView displayed EXACTLY as I had designed them,

<asp:DetailsView ID="DetailsView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateRows="False" AllowPaging="true" DataKeyNames="ID" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource2" Height="50px" Width="540px" AutoGenerateEditButton="true" EditRowStyle-Width="100">
    <RowStyle Font-Size="Small" ForeColor="#CCCCCC" BorderStyle="Dashed" BorderWidth="1" BorderColor="DimGray" />
    <Fields>

Previous to undating my version of Firefox, I had a DetailsView that had dashed borders, but after upgrading, the lines are straight?!? Just wondering why upgrading a browser would cause this to happen?!? Also, this happens when I use IE or Opera as well as far as I know...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Have also tried:

<asp:DetailsView ID="DetailsView2" runat="server" AutoGenerateRows="False" AllowPaging="true" FieldHeaderStyle-Width="20%"
    DataKeyNames="ID" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource3" Height="50px" Width="540px" BorderStyle="Dashed" AutoGenerateEditButton="true" >
    <RowStyle Font-Size="Small" ForeColor="#CCCCCC" BorderStyle="Dashed" BorderWidth="1" BorderColor="DimGray" />

With no result...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

When you inspect the element in Firefox using Firebug what does it tell you about the style?

Malice wrote: »
    When you inspect the element in Firefox using Firebug what does it tell you about the style?

I didn't try that, how do I check that?

Just found the solution to this by rummaging through Google, for anyone else who runs into the same problem, the fix is to set the GridLines = "None" when setting up the DetailsView...

<asp:DetailsView ID="DetailsView2" runat="server" AutoGenerateRows="False" AllowPaging="true" FieldHeaderStyle-Width="20%"
    DataKeyNames="ID" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource3" Height="50px" Width="540px" GridLines="None" BorderStyle="Dashed" AutoGenerateEditButton="true" >

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I didn't try that, how do I check that?
    Go here and install the Firebug plugin. You may have to restart Firefox, I can't remember. Anyway, once it's installed, right-click on the offending page element and select "Inspect element" from the menu. Firebug should start up and you'll be able to see what styles are being applied to the element on the HTML tab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

You should really set the CSSClass property instead of styles on the control and use an external style sheet.

Advertisement