Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coin Counting Machine - Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 20-12-2011 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi folks,

Looking for one of these as I have a jar of coins to get rid of. Tried tesco in the jervis but it's out of order and there's none in tesco parnell st. Has anyone used any others lately?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Tbh, your best bet is to Go to a bank and Ask for money bags.

Them machines charge up to 15%!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

Think there's one in the basement of Dunnes in SG shopping centre. Never used them myself before but get the coin bags free from the bank. Spend an evening or two watching tv and count them out yourself, and you don't loose any commission that way. But maybe I'm just tight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 john2984

Cheers for replies. Already counted up the 2's, 1's and 50's so just looking to offload the rest for a quick payment!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

The coinstar machines only take 9c per euro IIRC so if you want the trouble free option go for them and you aren't losing out on much.

I've used the machine in Tesco Prussia street many times, might be a bit far out for you though!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 john2984

maximoose wrote: »
    The coinstar machines only take 9c per euro IIRC so if you want the trouble free option go for them and you aren't losing out on much.

I've used the machine in Tesco Prussia street many times, might be a bit far out for you though!

Bit of a walk alright but if I get nowhere else I'll give it a go. Ta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Supervalu in Talbot Street definitely has one.

Advertisement