Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi a3 diesel - engine change

Options
  • 20-12-2011 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

Can anyone help with a bit of info on where I could possibly look for a diesel engine Audi A3...can be a second hand...

Or maybe any tips or suggestions regarding it would really appreciate...

Thanks guys,:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Donedeal
    Or register on vagdrivers.net
    The guys over there would most likely know of someone selling or where you would get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Hi all,

Can anyone help with a bit of info on where I could possibly look for a diesel engine Audi A3...can be a second hand...

Look around scap yards near you?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭johnf2020

Hi all,

Now if this was a Renault there would be every sort of comment going around;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

There are a good few different variations of TDI engines in these. What engine code is yours? What is wrong with the old engine?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hunchy bunch

thanks for the replies, guys...

I am looking aroung the scrap yards...

the engine code is BKD...apparently its a rare engine type in Ireland...

whats wrong with the old one??? nothing much... the timing belt went and did a lot of damage to the engine...and...it looks like replacing it works out cheaper and quicker...

thanks again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Fixing it should be cheaper.

Advertisement