Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paris beer shop

• 20-12-2011 4:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

I'm heading to Paris next week and was wondering if anybody knows if any good beer and wine shops? Area around the Eiffel tower would be great but anywhere would be helpful.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

You might need to check what the opening hours are like next week, but La Cave à Bulles is the best beer shop in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭BK92

+1 for La Cave à Bulles.

A mention should also go to 'Bootlegger'. While it is a bit out of the way it does have an excellent selection of Belgian beers, a few Americans too and reasonably priced glassware.

La Cave à Bulles is probably better though if you're looking for those hard to find French craft beers or if you're short on time (it's very close to the Pompidou if I remember correctly)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Thanks fro the suggestions. I just translated that message and it says they are closed from the 1st to 10th of January. I get there on the 31st but doubt I will have time to go.

Actually, just checked google maps. Its not too far from where I am staying. Maybe I can make it. Thanks again.

I didn't make it and now they are closed for ten days. I just went to a supermarket and got some stuff for cheap. Leffe Christmas beer is the one I'm looking forward to most.

• Advertisement

Found a huge fancy supermarket called lafayette gourmet and they had a great selection. I picked up these:

photo.jpg

Wanted more but can't fit loads in my suitcase to bring home.

And these two
    photo-1.jpg

Advertisement