Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europe Web Agency

Options
  • 20-12-2011 4:53pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has got a "Reminder" from those guys about some sites you have not ordered???

I just got a remind this morning and it looks pretty good, except for the fact it was send to a defunct company that I used to use several years ago...

Jim2007

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has got a "Reminder" from those guys about some sites you have not ordered???

I just got a remind this morning and it looks pretty good, except for the fact it was send to a defunct company that I used to use several years ago...

Jim2007
    Probably the same scam/scammers. Do not reply to it.

Regards...jmcc

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

jmcc wrote: »
    Probably the same scam/scammers. Do not reply to it.

Regards...jmcc

This was actually sent by snail mail, the company appears to be in the UK, but the "reminder" was posted from Sweden!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Well known scam technique. The people who fall for it more than make up the costs of the bulk mailing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Well known scam technique. The people who fall for it more than make up the costs of the bulk mailing.

Yea, seems to be restricted to the German speaking world - I found some more references to it in some of the German forums.

Jim2007 (Switzerland)

Advertisement