Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Darkness PS3

Options
  • 20-12-2011 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Is this game anygood?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I wouldn't recommend it. It had some good ideas and got good reviews since it came out at a time when the 360 was crying out for a decent game. I found it to be a dreadfully dull experience that was poorly written but well acted with some of the worst AI I've seen in a FPS. It and Kane and Lynch are the only two games I've bought that were so bad I traded them in.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Gotta disagree with Retr0, while it's certainly flawed I thought there was some novel storytelling ideas and that in general the combat was pretty fun, assuming you're getting it pretty cheap I'd say go for it.
    Lumping it in with Kane & Lynch is nonsense I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

It seems to be a bit of a marmite game really. I enjoyed it. It was flawed but i just loved the Darkness powers.

Watching the two heads rip out a heart and then fight over it never got boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

well, this was one of the first games i bought for the ps3 and i still have it. its one of only three games that i would NEVER trade or sell. its got great atmosphere, a unique story line and voice acting that has yet to be bettered. the characters and side quests are great and the darkness powers are a great addition. you wont find anyone to play with online, but with the sequel coming out soon you really cant go wrong for a fiver!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I enjoyed it even if it did bring on my first RROD :p

Surely it's really cheap now, so it's worth a shot. If you don't warm to it it's no great loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I really enjoyed it :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you enjoy shooting more lightbulbs than enemies then it's the game for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Id definately recommend it. Cant agree with retro at all. Im not sure what way he played the game but usually id shoot at enemies rather than light bulbs. You can pick it up for a fiver now so you cant really go wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If you enjoy shooting more lightbulbs than enemies then it's the game for you.

Reminds me of this..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I don't remember shooting lightbulbs in The Darkness (Splinter Cell, yeah). I do remember using my tentacles to take out lights. They auto-aimed as far as I remember, so it was just a button press. Could be wrong though, it's been a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I remember liking it but I also remember it being released in a game drought.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 GT_Dublin

Well worth a playthrough, I really enjoyed it at the time, it's one of those solid 7/10's.

I've been looking forward to a sequel since, although, it's not Starbreeze developing it this time around, which is a bit disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Been years since I played it but I do remember I absolutely loved it, very dark gaming, a bit like "Prey" if you ask me.

Advertisement