Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying Text Messages

Options
  • 20-12-2011 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

I've started to receive Text messages from Pettits superValue 3 in the last Half hour I have already text STOP to the number stated (after the first one).. Is there somewhere I can lodge a complaint about this and am I getting charged for it
    Cheers The Gall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

the GALL wrote: »
    I've started to receive Text messages from Pettits superValue 3 in the last Half hour I have already text STOP to the number stated (after the first one).. Is there somewhere I can lodge a complaint about this and am I getting charged for it
    Cheers The Gall

Comreg afaik

I have the same issue with Mizzonis... I have replied STOP a few times now but to now avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

are you being charged for these messages?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Unsolicited text messages are Illegal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

If these are from a normal mobile number you will probably not be charged, it is most likely the company sending spam advertising messages using free text messages supplied by most operators, you should report the messages to the operator as the free texts are not for use in advertising or commercial uses. Report them to o2vodafone or whoever and they should cut off the free messages from that number

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,386 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

If you give out your mobile number to businesses there is regulation to prevent them from sending you advertising text messages.
    The first step have the texts stopped would be to request the company to cease from doing this.
    If you text Stop or opt out it can take time for the exclusion to be processed. Alternatively you can call the company.

If it keeps happening contact the Data Protection Commissioner on 1890 252 231

• Advertisement
Advertisement