Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Editor program

Options
  • 20-12-2011 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

ive alot of avi / mpeg / mp4 clips id like to be able to join as i file and also save as 1 type of file and to be able to edit the clip ( cut and delete parts i dont want )

any idea's as a good reliable software for this ???

and before you say anything its not xxx vids i have :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Two that come to mind are Windows Movie Maker and VirtualDub. Both free.

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-movie-maker

http://www.virtualdub.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Dey were Sooted

virtualdub is handy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

also if i join 10 clips together , is there anyway i can just skip to say the 6th one without watching it all , like can i set start and end points to each clip

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Bellu

You could use Window movie maker and aneesoft Free video converter.
    As you just want to cut and delete parts that dont want, the two tools both can merge, crop, trim videos as you want.

Bellu wrote: »
    You could use Window movie maker and aneesoft Free video converter.
    As you just want to cut and delete parts that dont want, the two tools both can merge, crop, trim videos as you want.

i used windows movie maker and cut the videos i wanted etc and it merged as one which was great , but when i played it and wanted to fast forward through diff segments it wouldnt allow it , it acted like it was all one clip 90 mins long , so if i wanted to view from 50 mins onwards i had to fastforward i couldnt skip chapters

• Advertisement

Hey Eircom, sorry for the misunderstanding, as you said you just need to delete parts that dont want and then merge into one, then you could use the Aneesoft video converter to do this for you. What I have tested that input 3 videos, and trim one of part from them, at last click "merge"(you should check the three are selected), the output files was all one clip.
    But this program is paid.

Hope this could help you. :)

Bellu wrote: »
    Hey Eircom, sorry for the misunderstanding, as you said you just need to delete parts that dont want and then merge into one, then you could use the Aneesoft video converter to do this for you. What I have tested that input 3 videos, and trim one of part from them, at last click "merge"(you should check the three are selected), the output files was all one clip.
    But this program is paid.

Hope this could help you. :)

thanks for reply

but that means i have to use 2 programs ????

see thats too much arsing about for my liking , surely there must be 1 program that you can edit each clip and then merge all together and be able to select which point you wanna watch instead of having to fast forward

thanks anyway

Nope, you don't need 2 program, only aneesoft - 1 program can do all the edit and clip then merge for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Can I just give this thread a bit of a bump?

Just got a drone and I'm looking for a free program for editing footage, adding music etc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Try Shotcut. Plenty of tutorials on YouTube should help you get the hang of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Try Shotcut. Plenty of tutorials on YouTube should help you get the hang of it.

Thanks very much. I'd actually ended up picking Shotcut from reviews online and downloading it before seeing your reply. Running very poorly on my old cheap laptop so may try it on the new one in the house.

You can also try online video makers like FlexClip Video Maker which offers many free templates and support for adding music.
    Another one I am using is Moviemator video editor, I got the free version on my Mac and it works pretty well on cutting/trimming videos and adding music. Not sure if it's still free, you can give a try ;)

Advertisement