Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Grouse and Teachers Origin

Options
  • 20-12-2011 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Just spotted these in Tesco last night in Athlone, special offer 20 euro each. Got both bottles!! First time black grouse has been available in the republic (other than Celtic whisky shop). A beautiful drink, great peat taste and smoky as hell!! Great blended whisky! Havnt tried the Teachers Origin yet but love the original!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rangi

Must check our local Tesco's,usually get The Black Grouse up Nth,or in duty free. One of my preferred blends.
    Thanks for the well timed tip,payday!

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

No offence to either of ye lads, but why are you drinking that foreign muck?

Get yourselves a bottle of Tyrconnell or Kilbeggan. Anything from the Cooley distillerys, much better

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rangi

Been drinking 'Scotch' for years,even lived in a distillery when lived in Scotland,but lately trying a few different Irish ones. Have to say not terribly impressed so far,and struggling through them.
    I prefer the 'Islay types',with peat and smoke,so what can you recommend from Ireland?
    Sorry for the hijack.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Rangi wrote: »
    Been drinking 'Scotch' for years,even lived in a distillery when lived in Scotland,but lately trying a few different Irish ones. Have to say not terribly impressed so far,and struggling through them.
    I prefer the 'Islay types',with peat and smoke,so what can you recommend from Ireland?
    Sorry for the hijack.

Connemara range are the only peated Irish whiskeys - good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭FlicFlak

Dont get me wrong, i do love Irish whiskey!! Just cant beat a good smoky scotch like the Islays or the Smokehead. Ive never tried the Kilbeggen (even though i live in Athlone) but i will!! Also, Kilbeggen distillary was just sold to Jim Beam for 71 million!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement