Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

licence application timeframe

Options
  • 20-12-2011 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

hi, so does the 3 month time frame normally take the 3 months stated on the form sent buy the guards acknowledging the got the application or do they ever be processed earlier. this is for a shotgun licence.

thanks,
    niall_b73

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

It's a max in theory. In reality, you could have your license, or refusal to grant a license, in anywhere between a week and three plus months.

From what I'v seen, most Supers tend to take the three months from when they receive the application in the station. ie NOT from when you drop it in. You will usually get a letter from the super giving you a date before which you can expect a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Depends on the super for example i got my fisrt licence in a week and my second licence in about 3 and i have a mate who was waiting about 2 months all from the same station

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭niall_b73

peterk19 wrote: »
    Depends on the super for example i got my fisrt licence in a week and my second licence in about 3 and i have a mate who was waiting about 2 months all from the same station

Cheers i guess i'll just have to wait it out. Tho it would be nice to get a shot in before the season ends.

niall_b73

Advertisement