Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a PC without a case

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭LittleMc95

Actually never mind i got it to boot up but now when i go to install windows it doesn see the HDD. i dont have drives for this HDD so what should i do here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

LittleMc95 wrote: »
    Actually never mind i got it to boot up but now when i go to install windows it doesn see the HDD. i dont have drives for this HDD so what should i do here?

sorry, can you elaborate a bit more on the problem you are having?

I presume the hard drive is connected? (double check connections to make sure a cable did not fall out)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Is the hard drive detected in BIOS?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭LittleMc95

Quote: PseudoFamous
    Are you trying to use it as a boot drive?

What I did was remove it from the case as was going to install windows on a Pc that I recently bought. I was going to use the hdd as just my main drive but when I plugged it into the mo bo it made noise etc but the bios or windows installation menu could t see it.

So I put it back together and plugged it into my laptop and still nothing.

Advertisement